Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: TimeSplitters: Rewind Character Art Dump

TimeSplitters: Rewind Character Art Dump 3 years 11 months ago #5167

• BTHRZeroX
Fantastic Work, Now I have a question, were these created from the ground up? or where they based off the already made assests and re done? either way just wow man.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TimeSplitters: Rewind Character Art Dump 3 years 10 months ago #5168

• Crazyb2000
  • 3D Character Artist
  • Thank you received: 18
mousedroidz21 wrote:
I love the reaper splitter! it looks so amazing, it's always been my favourite character and it looks exactly like the one in TS2

I’ve always thought the Reaper Splitters were awesome. I fell in love with their unique design and, in my opinion, no Splitter can really compare. Berserker’s were great in their own brutish fashion and the original guys were cool too, but the Reapers were mysterious and incredibly unique in design.

WooleyWorld wrote:
These are absolutely marvelous. Lovely bit of work, man.
I find them all wonderful, but I find the Maiden one is great. Taking a great character to the next level.
Makes me want to draw more Timesplitters girls. :D

Thanks! I also like the Maiden model quite a bit. She was one of the last characters I worked on before leaving the team that I regret not having the chance to finish. Still, I’m glad that what I showed was able to inspire you. You’ve been mentioned a few times in the TS:R developers chat and there are people who really like your artwork there, me included.

SJJ wrote:
I fell in LOVE with the Berserker Splitter.

Well, it is that time of year.

Dethwish-2401 wrote:
Thanks for the response it is greatly appreciated, very glad most of these are not going to be lost to time, they just keep impressing...
My personal favorites have always been the Horror/Sci-Fi themed characters, I have always loved Sewer Zombie for looking so gruesome, thanks for "bringing him to life" :P .

Did you ever do FleshCage? he would look awesome with more detail, such a brutal concept.

I think Sewer Zombie’s great because, when I was younger, I couldn’t tell what was going on with him, but after a while I came to see the man behind the grotesque muck that we call his body. It was fun bringing his undeath to life.

I never worked on Mr. Fleshcage as our Hard-surface artist wanted to. We also toyed with the idea of getting a piece of Newman’s concept art and throwing in a Mrs. Fleshcage but we had enough no our plates.

Willdo wrote:
That Gingerbread Man looks tasty :P How many characters were you able to finish approximatively?

I think I worked on about 40, including the reskins of the military guys. I don’t think I’d call many of the models I’ve shown off so far finished as now that I’ve improved in certain areas, I’d definitely want to change a few things.

olit123 wrote:
These models are gorgeous. So nice to see some new stuff as well!

By new stuff do you mean in regards to Rewind or in regards to TimeSplitters in general? Also, thanks!

SJJ wrote:
Have you done anything with the Wood Golem yet? I bet he'd be a right challenge.

I don’t think he’d be all that hard. Stone Golem definitely has thicker skin.

Before I joined the team, there was actually another character artist on board who I never met and shortly left after I came on board. They were working on Stone Golem as well as Dinosaur (I think) but I never got to see their takes on these characters, unfortunately.

ultimatetaurus wrote:
Oh my stars. I'm beaming right now, I literally thought I was dreaming when I saw these models. They are fantastic, and I love seeing the WIP ones too! I'm probably going to be giddy over these for the next few centuries. They look so clean, and I love the textures of their clothes and the torn and disfigured skin, your remake of the Timesplitter from the first game genuinely gave me the creeps! These are!! So! Good!

Glad to hear it! A lot of these have been in storage for a while and I think there are a couple of images I never showed the majority of the team (Whoops). Time Splitter was a toughie to try and decipher from the older style, but I’m glad I attempted it. And again, thanks for the kind words.

BTHRZeroX wrote:
Fantastic Work, Now I have a question, were these created from the ground up? or where they based off the already made assests and re done? either way just wow man.

They were built from the ground-up for the most part. The process for most of the models had me opening the games up on an emulator and starting an Arcade match and got all the characters stayed in one place. Then I’d make a simple box map in MapMaker and remove all weapon spawns and made sure no weapons would spawn in. For TimeSplitters 1 characters, if you do this, they play an animation on repeat where they face palm and then act all surprised. That’s for the male characters though. Female characters just look at their feet behind their back.

But yeah, built from the ground up with a lot of HD screenshots as reference.

The next set of images I’m about to put out are from my archives on Imgur. These were images I shared with the team and they were never intended to be shown to anyone outside the team. I’ve moved some of the models off my computer so just showing these would be easier. Still, please bear in mind that these images are fairly old and may not reflect the same kind of presentation and quality that you've seen up to this point.

I hope you can still enjoy these old images. (Click on the images for larger versions)

Jo-Beth Casey (January 2015) + Time Assassin (2015)

Mauser Pistol (2015)

Cortez (2014)

TS2 Military (2014)

Viola (2014)

Sorry for the long, messy post. I don’t think I have many more images to share, aside from a couple of development ones. I’ll be posting a full gallery link at the top of this topic and will also be posting these images on various websites. Leave any questions for me down below and I will still do my best to answer them but don’t expect too many more images. I might also hop onto the Discord group in case anyone there wants to have a chat. Anyway, have a wonderful day and, again, thank you all so much for the kind words. It means a lot to me.

Cheers,

-Alfred
"holy fishcakes!" ~Theodore Harris

Tumblr - crazyb2000.tumblr.com/
Artstation - www.artstation.com/artist/crazyb2000
Steam - steamcommunity.com/id/alfrednt
Last Edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Crazyb2000.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dethwish-2401, mousedroidz21, Lau

TimeSplitters: Rewind Character Art Dump 3 years 10 months ago #5169

• WooleyWorld
  • I'll do most anything for a dollar.
  • Thank you received: 12
Crazyb2000 wrote:
Thanks! I also like the Maiden model quite a bit. She was one of the last characters I worked on before leaving the team that I regret not having the chance to finish. Still, I’m glad that what I showed was able to inspire you. You’ve been mentioned a few times in the TS:R developers chat and there are people who really like your artwork there, me included.

I'm so pleased that you've captured the original design so well.
It also makes me very cheery that I pop up in the chat. Glad you guys can dig it.
Oh also I saw that Jo Beth model. Now that's some character design I can get behind.

But yeah here's that doodle. :D
It's a Wooley World, but someone's gotta shave it.
Last Edit: 3 years 10 months ago by WooleyWorld. Reason: I forgot to say a thing.

TimeSplitters: Rewind Character Art Dump 3 years 10 months ago #5170

• Willdo
No love for the Scourge Splitter? :P It's my favourite of the bunch. He looks a bit different than the others but his design is so cool. I like calling them the "badass floating potato heads" B)

Thanks a lot for sharing all this stuff! It's nice to see some behind-the-scene work, especially after the teaser release which got me hyped for Rewind but which was also a bit frustrating. The most important thing is that the project is still alive, I was convinced for a long time it would probably never see the light of day...

I like what you did with Nikolai and Sgt Slate, using the TSFP character selection screen is a cool presentation idea!

I have a couple of questions:
- The Mauser looks great, is it the only weapon you worked on?
- Did you have the chance to get a glimpse of other characters you didn't work on? If so, is there any of them you were particularly impressed with?
- I think you mentioned testing an early build of the game. Was it a "primitive" build or was it a bit more advanced? Generally speaking, what can you tell us about this experience? (if you are allowed to talk about that of course)

Anyway, your work is really impressive. You perfectly managed to capture the TimeSplitters look and feel and make it more modern. I mean, even seeing the updated version of such a generic character as Brown Zombie was cool and reminded me great memories about times spent on these games :) I wish you luck for the future!

TimeSplitters: Rewind Character Art Dump 3 years 10 months ago #5173

• SJJ
  • Member Since 2014
  • Thank you received: 3
Question: When you start to model a character, where would you usually start from? + How long does it perhaps take for the creation of one character?
Last Edit: 3 years 10 months ago by SJJ. Reason: -Correcting a few mistakes.

TimeSplitters: Rewind Character Art Dump 3 years 10 months ago #5174

• mousedroidz21
  • EVERYONE CALL ME ELF MONSTER
  • Thank you received: 7
That Jo Beth model is fucking amazing, it's so dam accurate from head to toe. You should port some of these to source, it would be fun to pose with them in Gmod or animate with them in SFM. Also I hope you don't mind but I really needed that new reaper splitter model as my steam profile pic because it was so amazing :P

[Sig redacted for being too big]
Last Edit: 3 years 10 months ago by mousedroidz21.

TimeSplitters: Rewind Character Art Dump 3 years 10 months ago #5175

• Sammyhammy
Beautiful! Brilliant!

TimeSplitters: Rewind Character Art Dump 3 years 10 months ago #5177

• Sinzross
Memories! Childhood Memories! Can't wait for more!
Last Edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Sinzross.

TimeSplitters: Rewind Character Art Dump 3 years 10 months ago #5180

• Chalava
Holy crap, this art looks amazing, i can't wait for this game.
I played for hours upon hours back when I used to use my playstation 2, timesplitters 2 will go down as one of my favourite childhood games of all time and I am so happy that you guys are working on bringing us this new game!

TimeSplitters: Rewind Character Art Dump 3 years 10 months ago #5181

• f0xX
These all look great, I cannot wait to play the game. :) Keep it up, this will be awesome once the alpha stars.

Edit: You should upload them on your Facebook page, there has not been an update for a while.
Last Edit: 3 years 10 months ago by f0xX. Reason: .
Moderators: ASneakyGranny
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds