Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: TimeSplitters: Rewind Character Art Dump

TimeSplitters: Rewind Character Art Dump 3 years 11 months ago #5149

• Okami Amaterasu
  • Lilac is best dragon girl.
Oh man, those models look AMAZING, absolutely top notch. Now I'm even more hyped for the game (It's gone beyond maximum). Can't wait to see what Kitten Celeste is gonna look like ;)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TimeSplitters: Rewind Character Art Dump 3 years 11 months ago #5151

• Crazyb2000
  • 3D Character Artist
  • Thank you received: 18
Davik Heragon wrote:
These models look marvelous. I think I have said it before, but you have done an amazing job at reviving the character models and making them up to date.

Question: *How long does it take to create a character (on average)?
*Which character was your favorite one to work on?

Thanks! I’m glad you like them.

It’s quite difficult to give an average estimate as the time spent working on characters varies quite a bit. There’s also the fact that I kept dropping characters in fabour of others and then resumed them later on. I’d like to say a week or so was spent on each character in 2015. Before that, considerably longer.

As for my favourite character, I don’t really have one. I am quite partial to horror themed characters, though. I really enjoyed making the mutants and monsters and other gruesome ghouls though, at the same time, I also liked working on the femme fatales.

flossboss wrote:
You are too talented for this world.
Franku wrote:
dude i love this to bad you left but good luck
icantwaitfortsryay wrote:
It's such a shame to see you go, these models are absolutely beautiful.
Good luck with it all though!
Black Baron wrote:
Your work is just GREAT :o Amazing stuff, thank you SO MUCH for sharing and spending time to make these!

Thank you for the kind words. I am still learning and hope to improve in the future.

lonogames wrote:
Have you ever considered coming back to the team? Everyone on the TS:R discord server is talking about how great you were. Even the devs were saying how important you were on the team.

I have, but I’m simply too busy to return at the moment.

Dethwish-2401 wrote:
Wow these are great... so this is the awesomeness we were left in the dark about for so long... really wish you were still on the team after seeing these, but you do what you have to do, good luck in your future endeavors.

Thanks! Yeah, I’ve been wanting to show some of this stuff since long ago but had conflicting ideas on how to handle the media release. In the end I only ended up showing four of my models in the three years I was on Rewind... until now.

Willdo wrote:
Just created an account to tell you how wonderful your work is, especially on the oldest characters :) Fingers McKenzie looks so badass!

I don't recognise the two bottom left characters on the busts picture, I guess the mutant guy must be Hick Hyde but I don't recognise the girl on his right... I hope we'll see more on your work! I'm especially eager to see updated models of the TS1 story characters :)

I had fun recreating the TS1 characters as they are incredibly obscure, leaving a lot of room for artistic interpretation. Trying to translate the early style to the more developed one seen in Future Perfect was a treat. Also, the girl next to Hick Hyde is Angel Perez.

Dethwish-2401 wrote:
One question though, anything you have saved from these models, have they been handed over to the rest of the team to continue work on (providing they give you the credit you deserve) or are they un-usable? I would hate to see them go to waste.
Willdo wrote:
Just like Dethwish-2401, I'm wondering if these models will be used in the final game?

Not all the models I’ve shown are usable. The ones in their unfinished high poly state aren’t ready for use in a game engine. As for the ones that are… we’ll see.

mousedroidz21 wrote:
These models are absoloutley brilliant! I was comparing them to the original models and your ones look far more superior and excellent compared to the old ones, especially timesplitter 1, beserker splitter, monkey and priest mutant. I also like the style you made the characters in, it's really unique.

Thanks. I still love the original models, especially from TimeSplitters 2. The stylized nature of the games makes them quite easy on the eyes, even now. I can’t say that someone picking it up for the first time with no experience of older games would be able to appreciate the graphics but I still think they’re great, even on a high resolution display.

mousedroidz21 wrote:

I have a few questions for you :)

Did you ever make reaper splitter, Robofish, Sentry bot and Cyberfariy?

How long does it take to create one model?

Would it be possible to import the models to Garry's mod/source so users can take a look into the models and play around with them?

Will the models you created be used in the final game?

and finally, when a character is killed in Rewind, do they turn into a ragdoll or play an animation?

The models look amazing and I can't wait till this game is finished

I did create the Reaper Splitter, actually. I’ll include him in the next set of images. As for Robofish and Sentry bot, those guys were taken by our hard-surface modeller. She really loves robots, mechs etc. so she wanted to make all the TimeSplitters robots and R-One-Oh-Seven. As for Cyber Fairy, I would’ve loved to work on her but never got around to it.

It’s possible to import the models into Garry’s mod and/or Source Filmmaker, I should know as I’ve released a couple of SFM models on the workshop, but there’s not really enough demand to rig and port anything to the source engine at this point and that process can be time consuming.

As for character deaths, on the last build I worked on the two were combined. When a character died they’d play a death animation and when the animation was finished the character would ragdoll to allow them to collide with the scenery. An early example I can think of that's similar is Killzone. Also, in What Lies Below there’s a sequence when Jo-Beth is trying to hack a door and zombies fall into the room via tubes. If you behead a zombie while they’re getting up, they’ll ragdoll. It’s very stiff but still there.

Okami Amaterasu wrote:
Oh man, those models look AMAZING, absolutely top notch. Now I'm even more hyped for the game (It's gone beyond maximum). Can't wait to see what Kitten Celeste is gonna look like ;)

Thanks, I'm glad you like them. At this point, I have no plans for creating more TimeSplitters characters but I'm sure whoever takes my place on the team will impress.

I apologise for the length of this post. I hope I was able to provide the answers you were looking for.

Here's the next set of images. Enjoy!
Brown Zombie (2015)

Gingerbread Man (2015)

Reaper Splitter (2014)

Zbrush Sculpts

Ilsa Nadir WIP (2016)

Olga Strom WIP (2015)

Henchman WIP (2015)

Maiden WIP (2016)

There are still some characters that I've worked on that haven't been seen yet. I'll try and find them and post them soon as well as answer any other questions anybody else has. I'll also be posting some of the older renders I have lying around too.

Cheers,

-Alfred
"holy fishcakes!" ~Theodore Harris

Tumblr - crazyb2000.tumblr.com/
Artstation - www.artstation.com/artist/crazyb2000
Steam - steamcommunity.com/id/alfrednt
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dethwish-2401, mousedroidz21, Lau

TimeSplitters: Rewind Character Art Dump 3 years 11 months ago #5152

• mousedroidz21
  • EVERYONE CALL ME ELF MONSTER
  • Thank you received: 7
I love the reaper splitter! it looks so amazing, it's always been my favourite character and it looks exactly like the one in TS2

[Sig redacted for being too big]

TimeSplitters: Rewind Character Art Dump 3 years 11 months ago #5153

• WooleyWorld
  • I'll do most anything for a dollar.
  • Thank you received: 12
These are absolutely marvelous. Lovely bit of work, man.
I find them all wonderful, but I find the Maiden one is great. Taking a great character to the next level.
Makes me want to draw more Timesplitters girls. :D
It's a Wooley World, but someone's gotta shave it.

TimeSplitters: Rewind Character Art Dump 3 years 11 months ago #5154

• SJJ
  • Member Since 2014
  • Thank you received: 3
I fell in LOVE with the Berserker Splitter.

TimeSplitters: Rewind Character Art Dump 3 years 11 months ago #5155

• Dethwish-2401
  • Thank you received: 7
Thanks for the response it is greatly appreciated, very glad most of these are not going to be lost to time, they just keep impressing...
My personal favorites have always been the Horror/Sci-Fi themed characters, I have always loved Sewer Zombie for looking so gruesome, thanks for "bringing him to life" :P .

Did you ever do FleshCage? he would look awesome with more detail, such a brutal concept.

TimeSplitters: Rewind Character Art Dump 3 years 11 months ago #5156

• Willdo
That Gingerbread Man looks tasty :P How many characters were you able to finish approximatively?

TimeSplitters: Rewind Character Art Dump 3 years 11 months ago #5158

• olit123
These models are gorgeous. So nice to see some new stuff as well!

TimeSplitters: Rewind Character Art Dump 3 years 11 months ago #5159

• SJJ
  • Member Since 2014
  • Thank you received: 3
Have you done anything with the Wood Golem yet? I bet he'd be a right challenge.
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by SJJ.

TimeSplitters: Rewind Character Art Dump 3 years 11 months ago #5160

• ultimatetaurus
  • Thank you received: 2
Oh my stars. I'm beaming right now, I literally thought I was dreaming when I saw these models. They are fantastic, and I love seeing the WIP ones too! I'm probably going to be giddy over these for the next few centuries. They look so clean, and I love the textures of their clothes and the torn and disfigured skin, your remake of the Timesplitter from the first game genuinely gave me the creeps! These are!! So! Good!
Moderators: ASneakyGranny
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds