Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Anyone here complete TS2, all platinums/hard mode?

Anyone here complete TS2, all platinums/hard mode? 4 years 3 months ago #4959

It's what I'm trying to do at the moment. Started a new profile a week or so back and I've done better than past profiles. Hit a brick wall with Atom Smasher on Hard difficulty, so I'm playing through the league and challenges right now. Somehow got platinum on Can't Handle This in the first try, but couldn't do the same for Someone Has Got To Pay.

Has anyone here completed TimeSplitters 2 on Hard and earned every platinum trophy? If not, what's the furthest you've gotten?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Anyone here complete TS2, all platinums/hard mode? 4 years 3 months ago #4963

• Fauch
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 23
yes. but I only beat atomsmasher hard a few years after buying the game. most platinums aren't very hard (though not as easy as in TSFP) but the one in top shot is probably the hardest achievement of the whole game. I think I got it after 5 - 10 years.

can't handle this and someone has got to pay are hard (especially can't handle this if I remember right) but with the right strategy, platinum becomes easy. actually this is true of almost every level, except top shot

Anyone here complete TS2, all platinums/hard mode? 4 years 3 months ago #4967

• Krayola
  • Thank you received: 1
I have beaten every TS2 arcade league and challenge with platinum and all story levels on hard. It is such a great feeling to have this. Top Shot is insanely hard to platinum though.
I was going to do TSFP all platinums until I got to the dumb cat racing challenges that don't work at all.
No thanks!

Anyone here complete TS2, all platinums/hard mode? 4 years 3 months ago #4970

• Fauch
  • Premium Member
funny, the cat challenges are the ones I suck at too. struggled to get a platinum in the first one, and gave up on the 2nd one. fortunately the 3rd one was easy.

Anyone here complete TS2, all platinums/hard mode? 4 years 2 months ago #5019

• horsehead
The cat races are unrefined cruelty.

Anyone here complete TS2, all platinums/hard mode? 4 years 2 months ago #5023

• Fauch
  • Premium Member
now, when you look at it, what was the platinum for "the cat's out of the bag"? 1min 10. and I think the world record is just below a minute.
on a lot of other challenges the world record can be 2, 3 times the platinum score or more.
I remember at the release of the game, everyone saying how zany zeppelin was so hard, and I didn't understand because it was so easy getting between 2 and 3 times the platinum score.

Anyone here complete TS2, all platinums/hard mode? 4 years 2 months ago #5025

• Krayola
Surprised anyone even bothered trying to speed run the cat racing challenged. The WR for Pirate Gold and Divine Immolation surely shock me.

Anyone here complete TS2, all platinums/hard mode? 4 years 2 months ago #5026

• Fauch
  • Premium Member
it's about suiciding yourself if bots are too far away and praying you spawn near them.
I was never fond of Pirate Gold, but I think I have 61 on Divine Immolation. 20 frags in a minute is realistic and I think it wasn't particularly uncommon, but so was getting unlucky and not even scoring 10 kills in the same time.
if the WR for Pirate Gold shocks you, check the one for Spoils of war on TS2...

Anyone here complete TS2, all platinums/hard mode? 4 years 2 months ago #5027

• Krayola
Yeah the spoils of war one is weird. I think they killed themselves right on the side of the ramp and this somehow generated more coins and you would fall on top of them and get like 5 coins a death. I saw it on YouTube. Don't know how anyone thought that would work. I think the most shocking WR for me is Snow Business (literally does nothing) and Top Shot cause getting under 10 seconds below the platinum is so hard it's unreal.

Anyone here complete TS2, all platinums/hard mode? 4 years 2 months ago #5028

• Fauch
  • Premium Member
I think most WRs on TS2 are shocking. at least on TS1 and TSFP I could get some and get close to others, but on TS2 the records are almost on the level of what you could do in tool assisted runs.

though I would say 125 in 8A in timesplitters was impressive, getting over 115 already seems a miracle.
the 67 in toy soldiers in TSFP is mindblowing. I played it quite a lot and 55 is a really tough barrier, so it must have been an incredibly lucky run. or a lie.
  • Page:
Moderators: ASneakyGranny
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds