Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Homefront: The Revolution

Homefront: The Revolution 4 years 9 months ago #4785

• RED
  • Premium Member
  • Most Lethal
  • Thank you received: 36
You can play TimeSplitters 2's first two levels in Homefront: The Revolution

Really interesting look at this interview !

www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-03-30-yo...front-the-revolution
ReD Fragg3r / SV SerenitY
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TimeSplitters easter egg in new Homefront game 4 years 8 months ago #4821

• FortunePayback
  • Thank you received: 5
So I came across something rather interesting that has leaked. In The upcoming game "Homefront: The Revolution" it is said that there are two seperate easter eggs in the game that lets you play two whole levels from TimeSplitters 2. It is apparently remastered as well. All HD and whatnot. So I got thinking, does this mean something? I know they have been quiet on TimeSplitters since they took over Free Radical, but there could be a possibility of seeing something from Crytek in the near future. Even more interesting is with that of Doom having been remastered, we could see something similar or not. Hard to tell. I know i'm gonna be keeping a close watch on this and Crytek. As much support as I have for the Rewind project, I would love to see a remaster or reboot from Crytek. Only time will tell I suppose.

So what are your guys's thoughts? Do you think the easter egg levels could mean that Crytek is telling us something, or are they just adding a fun little throwback into the game?
May the father of understanding guide you
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by FortunePayback. Reason: Mistake fix

TimeSplitters easter egg in new Homefront game 4 years 8 months ago #4824

• Griff
  • The Bloke with the Red Beard
  • Thank you received: 7
Eurogamer recently uploaded some gameplay footage of the Siberia mission and where you can find it.

Homefront: The Revolution 4 years 8 months ago #4828

• Dethwish-2401
Unfortunately Crytek has nothing to do with Homefront anymore and the IP writes remain with them, while this is great because it shows that a whole port of the games is very possible, and since Dam Buster and Homefront were owned by Crytek it could be a possible indication that they are trying to test the waters a little to see if there really is still interest in the games, if so a port of the original games would be great.
This could be good and bad for Rewind, it could either highlight what they are doing for the franchise to a greater audience or Crytek could do there own thing and over shadow what they are doing, I dont think they will forget about rewind if anything they might help out of hire these guys (being rather optimistic with that one), but wouldn't it be great?.

Even if they do release ports of the old games if anything it should increase interest for Rewind since people will remember how good the games were and leave them wondering what ever happened to the franchise, and if they hear there is something being done that will bring all the old stuff into the next generation of gaming (considering how popular HD remakes and remasters are these days) it might stir a whole lot of interest with old and new fans.

Fingers crossed though, it will be very interesting to see what happens in the next year or two, hopefully Rewind has something playable before Crytek do anything to drastic... or at least communicate it with them.

Homefront: The Revolution 4 years 8 months ago #4829

• Dethwish-2401
If it is successful I wounder how they would reacquire the old Free Radical team since Dam Buster wouldn't be able to make any new installments or ports, and its not a good idea to make anything TimeSplitters without them.

Homefront: The Revolution 4 years 7 months ago #4844

• Badass Cyborg v2.0
  • The One and Only Badass in TS
  • Thank you received: 14
I had read about the easter egg right around the time it was first reported. I simply couldn't believe my eyes!
I have been playing through Homefront: The Revolution and have yet to reach the point where I can access the arcade cabinet.

I have also read that the TS2 levels were not upped in resolution, though I will have to see for myself. I did see a tiny bit of gameplay in another video, and it looks like the crosshair that you would originally have to bring up with the Aim button is now fixed on-screen, much like Future Perfect. I guess that means there will be no crosshair-less auto-aiming like before, coupled with floaty manual aiming.

As much as some did not like the aiming system in TS1 and TS2, I actually really got used to it and came to love it for what it is. Not having a static crosshair made my shots feel more precise at times, oddly enough.
Wouldn't it be the day if Badass Cyborg was invited to the Badass Crater of Badassitude!?

Homefront: The Revolution 4 years 6 months ago #4896

• Badass Cyborg v2.0
Hey everyone, I normally do not double post, but a month or more has already passed, so I just wanted this update to be more easily seen.

I did finally reach the Arcade Cabinet in the Restriced Zone in Homefront: The Revolution, and played through the whole easter egg. In a word, it was AWESOME! Both Siberia and Chicago are indeed fully playable, and even have their cutscenes intact! What's more, the game cartridge that you find in Siberia normally just has Anaconda as a playable mini-game, but not in this case! That's right, you get access to ALL 3 mini-games on the Temporal Uplink, once you pick up the cartridge in the level! Oh, the levels are remastered graphically, and the increased resolution makes TS2 look stunning on the PS4 (the version that I own). Just to clarify, this easter egg is available on all platforms that the game was released on (PS4, Xbox One, and PC).

However, all of that being said, I did encounter a few oddities while playing. Keep in mind that this easter egg is actually a port of the original TS2, so some things may have been lost in the transition. In Siberia, I noticed that the further away you are from a door, the more visible a green mist-like substance becomes, giving interiors in particular a strange greenish tint. Also, when you pick up the Flamethrower, you'll likely notice that those circular front pieces attached to the barrel are actually semi-transparent. They are still visible, it's just that you can somewhat see through them.

Also worth mentioning is that the controls are quite different, and are directly based off of Homefront's controls, rather than TS2 itself. It took me a short while to adjust to them, but once I did, I had no major issues. It turns out that I was right about the aiming system being reworked, as there is no more floaty, manual aiming once you bring the crosshair up on screen. The crosshair is indeed fixed, and that means the ability to rotate your gun as you aim is gone. This version of TS2 did feel a bit stiff at first, but that's mainly due to my familiarity and muscle memory with the original version of the game. Auto-aim is still very much present, so there's no need to worry about the shooting feeling un-TS2.

Lastly, the auto-aim makes using sniper rifles in both levels weird, since you are almost guaranteed to get a headshot even when aiming at an enemy's chest. That was really the only thing that bugged me, as using a sniper rifle with that much auto-aim did make the weapon feel cheap. That said, this was a port, so a few things probably had to change in order to get the game to run well on PS4 and the other current gen platforms (and run well it does!).

I do think that if any of the TS games were to get the proper HD Remaster treatment on current systems, the above issues would very likely be worked out, especially the over-generous auto-aim (and I like auto-aim in TS, as it feels just right to me!). Wow, this post turned out way longer than I initially expected, so thank you for reading (or at least skimming) this uber wall of text!
Wouldn't it be the day if Badass Cyborg was invited to the Badass Crater of Badassitude!?

Homefront: The Revolution 4 years 6 months ago #4902

• horsehead
  • Thank you received: 1
That's really really neat. Is it the kind of thing you can go back and access easily in the game?

Homefront: The Revolution 4 years 6 months ago #4911

• Badass Cyborg v2.0
horsehead wrote:
That's really really neat. Is it the kind of thing you can go back and access easily in the game?

As far as I know, there is only one save file for the game. If you were to start a new game, I'm almost certain that it would overwrite your current progress, and you'd lose the ability to travel to each zone you have unlocked. The TS Easter Egg is only available in the Restricted Zone, which I believe is the second-last area in the game. You have to a good 80-90% or so through the game until you can access the Arcade Console that the Easter Egg is found on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: horsehead

Homefront: The Revolution 4 years 3 months ago #4973

• zaada
Yay! I definitely need to pick Homefront up now! I really only want it to play some Timesplitters on the PS4 ;)
:)
Moderators: ASneakyGranny
Time to create page: 3.078 seconds