• Zetroc
  • Thank you received: 1
Original Post:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

OP2:

OP3:

4 Years Later… a Tutorial for Dolphin 5.0 – Better Widescreen Fix while using Custom Textures & AR/Gecko Codes

You'll need to grab Swiss-GC Nighty Build for a better widescreen fix. I recommend swiss_r330.
Open the swiss_r330 folder → copy swiss_r330.dol to your dolphin games folder.

Now..
1. Go into Documents → Dolphin Emulator → Load → Textures.

2. Make a folder called 00000000. That means 8 zeros.

3. Copy your custom textures mod folder into the 00000000 folder.

4. Startup Dolphin. Go to Graphics → Advanced → check Prefetch Custom Textures and Load Custom Textures under Utility → Close.

5. To enable AR/Gecko Codes, right-click on TimeSplitters 2 → Properties → checkmark the codes under the AR Codes and/or Gecko Codes tab → close.

6. Run Timesplitters 2 with codes enabled, then exit the game right away. Codes won't work with Swiss-GC if you don't do this for some unknown reason.

7. Run swiss_r330.dol in Dolphin. Go back to the Dolphin window and right-click on TimeSplitters 2 → click on Change Disc...
Then go back on the Swiss-GC window → press A to load TimeSplitters 2 → press A again → press X for Settings → Force Widescreen: Persp → Save & Exit → Press A to Start ‘n’ Play!

Creating Custom Textures

To grab the textures on Dolphin, go to Graphics → Advanced → and checkmark Dump Textures under Utility. Be warned! Dumping may be an extremely tedious process. Every character has 2-3 versions of skin textures that certain levels like to rely on. Some textures look worse than others, and using those as a base is probably not your best shot when it comes to texture editing. Here's a faster route if you don't want to go through hoops. Photo editing programs like Paint.NET or Photoshop will do.

Useful Tools to Reduce Custom Texture Load Times

oxipng v1.0.4
JPEG & PNG Stripper

Both of these tools help optimize PNG textures by shrinking their file byte size without any quality loss.
Drag ‘n’ drop all custom textures onto the oxipng.exe, and then drag ‘n’ drop them on the Stripper.exe for even smaller file size.
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Zetroc.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TS2/FP Dolphin Texture Editing Discussion? 5 years 3 months ago #4520

• sharkgun
  • Wielding Dual MGs like a boss
  • Thank you received: 54
It's okay to talk about it as long as no links to illegal files are posted here
Known as XUnit's guest and SV SHARKGUN on TSFP (PS2)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zetroc

TS2/FP Dolphin Texture Editing Discussion? 5 years 3 months ago #4521

• mousedroidz21
  • EVERYONE CALL ME ELF MONSTER
  • Thank you received: 7
and how exactly do you do this? seems interesting

[Sig redacted for being too big]

TS2/FP Dolphin Texture Editing Discussion? 5 years 3 months ago #4527

• Zetroc
Thanks! Not sure how it works with PCSX2, but these are only texture files that work with Dolphin (GameCube) emulator. To use, move "GTSE4F" folder into documents → Dolphin Emulator → Load → Textures. Then, run Dolphin → Graphics → Advanced → ☑ Load Custom Textures

Here are 3 examples of my edit texture with DL:
Koozer Mox (replacing Meezor Mox)
Bloody Crypt Zombie
Bloody Face Private Poorly

As for editing, run Dolphin and enable "Dump Texture" by going to Graphics → Advanced → ☑ Dump Textures. Select your character and dump them from character select AND in-game match. The game also usually dumps extras of the same textures called "mips", but they are not needed. If any need help or want to show edited textures, drop by a post. :)
Last Edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Zetroc.

TS2/FP Dolphin Texture Editing Discussion? 5 years 3 months ago #4529

• Zetroc
It said I had too many links (only 4), so here is my 4th, Trooper Decontamination (replacing Trooper Green).

TS2/FP Dolphin Texture Editing Discussion? 5 years 3 months ago #4530

• Samuel Renzo
  • Don't you know Goddard, Schmidt and Renzo ?
  • Thank you received: 5
It is amazing as a beginning!

Could you pm me the way you '' did that ''

It's like with super smash brothers, I followed how it got better and better, people do that with passion!
Imagine if there was a site for this as The Brawl Vault, but I think that the community isn't big enough to carry such a site

But still, if all TimeSplitters fans are passionate as those I see here it could work :woohoo:

Just a way to have fun waiting for THE big thing
Last Edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Samuel Renzo.

TS2/FP Dolphin Texture Editing Discussion? 5 years 3 months ago #4531

• Zetroc
Sure! I forgot to mention that I used Photoshop for editing textures. Use something like that or Paint.net. Also here is an example of a character's files that you would need to dump and edit, like Crypt Zombie's which I already made red:

These files are 128x64 which are really small unfortunately, so you should zoom in when editing in PS or other. Another note is to keep the file names the same so the textures can work.

Off-topic: @mousedroidz21, I saw your TS2 gameplay video. You should try out "WindowedBorderlessGaming" sometime. This basically makes windowed mode at fullscreen, but has no FPS decrease, even when there are many things on the screen and no sound crackling nor stutter occur, and picture quality's the same.

TS2/FP Dolphin Texture Editing Discussion? 5 years 3 months ago #4532

• mousedroidz21
  • EVERYONE CALL ME ELF MONSTER
  • Thank you received: 7
This is very good work

[Sig redacted for being too big]

TS2/FP Dolphin Texture Editing Discussion? 5 years 3 months ago #4533

• Zetroc
Thanks! I created a video of how I extract and edit textures to give you an idea of how it works. Set Dolphin's Graphics Backend setting to OpenGL when extracting textures so you won't miss any needed ones. You can change it back to your preferred backend setting after you're done with editing textures.
Goatee Cortez

TS2/FP Dolphin Texture Editing Discussion 5 years 3 months ago #4534

• Zetroc
About @3:10 - 4:15,
I was using the brighter version of his textures from the character selection menu, and replace them with the darker versions of his textures from in-match. Welp, as you can see mates, it turns out that the in-match ones are the better ones:

You can tell by the eyebrows and the eye. So if you want better quality textures, follow the video @3:10 - 4:15, except use the darker (in-match) versions instead. If confused, I'll make a better video of this part and explain a little better. Glad I know now. Trooper Decontamination is lucky that he didn't have those. :P
Moderators: ASneakyGranny
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds