Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Known Level Glitches for Every TS Game

Known Level Glitches for Every TS Game 5 years 4 months ago #4424

• Badass Cyborg v2.0
  • The One and Only Badass in TS
  • Thank you received: 14
Hey everyone! I wanted to ask about glitches in levels for every game in the series. The glitches I'm mainly wondering about are boundary-related. I always have a lot of fun going way outside the levels to see if I can discover something I wouldn't see otherwise. If you know of any levels that have out-of-boundary glitches, please post them and the methods needed to get them to work.

Disclaimer: My intention for this is only to have extra fun when I'm playing the games by myself or with friends in private. I am in no way advocating for using these glitches in official competitive matches online. This thread could also be used as a means for the TS: R team to reinforce boundaries in levels when playing online so that cheating will be much more difficult to do. I would mainly use these glitches on the console versions of the games.
If possible, perhaps a special boundary setting could be set to default for when playing online in TS: R in official games (if there is a lobby for that), making the level boundaries definitely fixed. Perhaps this setting could be altered when playing custom matches by yourself or with friends in private if you just want to goof around or explore more of the level than normal.
I apologize if this has already been addressed or if it is simply out of the question.

I do know of a few of the out-of-bounds glitches for some levels already:
Training Ground (TS2 and TS: FP)
Compound (TS2)
Site (TS1 and TS2)
Industrial Tileset (TS1 Mapmaker)
Hotel (TS: FP; this one is more difficult to do if I remember correctly)
Siberia (TS: FP; I think there are several different methods given the large size of the level)

That's all I can think of for now.
Wouldn't it be the day if Badass Cyborg was invited to the Badass Crater of Badassitude!?
Last Edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Badass Cyborg v2.0.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Known Level Glitches for Every TS Game 5 years 4 months ago #4425

• FuneralV12
  • French TimeSplitters fan
  • Thank you received: 10
TSBuster did some glitches showcase on youtube
TimeSplitters fan from France who worked on various fan-made TimeSplitters projects such as TimeSplitters: Silver, Bricky Monkey and the forgotten TwitchSplitters event.

Known Level Glitches for Every TS Game 5 years 4 months ago #4426

• sharkgun
  • Wielding Dual MGs like a boss
  • Thank you received: 54
Known as XUnit's guest and SV SHARKGUN on TSFP (PS2)

Known Level Glitches for Every TS Game 5 years 4 months ago #4431

• Badass Cyborg v2.0
Thanks for the suggestions! I may have gotten a bit carried away with my disclaimer :P

I just didn't want anyone getting the wrong impression with what I was asking. I know that glitches/exploits can be a real problem with other gaming communities, especially in online matches. I had some rather nasty experiences with players on the other team using an outside-the-level exploit in Killzone 2 and 3 that made them practically invincible, while they could deal damage to players in the real level, making the match very unbalanced and unfair.
I'm glad that this community is more about having fun, as is the spirit of the TS series. I also should have considered all the possibilities with modding in Rewind, so boundaries may very well be changed anyway.

@Sharkgun: I wanted to let you know that the link you posted was from an archive and had data from a now-defunct website mirrored (not entirely sure what that means). Apparently, I cannot access any of the videos that would have once been available. If there is a way to watch any of the videos regarding glitches, please let me know. I was never a user on Geocities, so I'm not familiar with how to use the site.
Wouldn't it be the day if Badass Cyborg was invited to the Badass Crater of Badassitude!?
Last Edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Badass Cyborg v2.0.

Known Level Glitches for Every TS Game 5 years 4 months ago #4448

• Fauch
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 23
what do you mean exactly by out of bounds? there are maps where you can make everything turn invisible, but you are still in the map. sure, you are usually required to get very slightly out of bounds, if just for a fraction of a second.

Known Level Glitches for Every TS Game 5 years 3 weeks ago #4723

• Badass Cyborg v2.0
Fauch wrote:
what do you mean exactly by out of bounds? there are maps where you can make everything turn invisible, but you are still in the map. sure, you are usually required to get very slightly out of bounds, if just for a fraction of a second.

Hey, sorry this response is so late! What I mean by level boundaries is the definite ending point of a level. The glitches that I always enjoyed in TimeSplitters were the ones where you could go way outside the level into an endless sky or never-ending abyss of black. I've gone so far outside of Training Ground in TS2 that the level itself disappeared entirely! In this level, the sky is perfectly mirrored on the bottom, so it looks very cool with the sun shining in the clouds.

Also, I know what you mean about the level disappearing while you (the player) are still technically within its boundaries. Compound from TS2 comes to mind when you use the Shrink powerup and can go through a wall very slightly and cause the map to disappear, yet invisible boundary walls prevent you from leaving the level and going into the horizon.
Moderators: ASneakyGranny
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds