Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hardest Challenge In Timesplitters

Hardest Challenge In Timesplitters 5 years 6 months ago #4215

• Fauch
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 23
it's not that hard, you get like 3 min for a platinum I think.
in comparison badass buspass impass that you must complete in 45s I think (except for the glitch which gives you a platinum each time) or hit me baby one morgue time that I think you must complete in 1 min are definitely harder.

hardest for me would be lap it up, but I don't like cat racing and this track is just horrible.
other very hard ones are top shot, rumble in the jungle and astro jocks (for platinum)
then I would say dam bursters and space vandals even though I have the world record.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Hardest Challenge In Timesplitters 5 years 6 months ago #4221

• Badass Cyborg v2.0
  • The One and Only Badass in TS
  • Thank you received: 14
Fauch wrote:
it's not that hard, you get like 3 min for a platinum I think.
in comparison badass buspass impass that you must complete in 45s I think (except for the glitch which gives you a platinum each time) or hit me baby one morgue time that I think you must complete in 1 min are definitely harder.

hardest for me would be lap it up, but I don't like cat racing and this track is just horrible.
other very hard ones are top shot, rumble in the jungle and astro jocks (for platinum)
then I would say dam bursters and space vandals even though I have the world record.

I find it kind of funny that I did not have that much trouble with the Cat Racing challenges despite the wonky controls. I guess I was just determined enough to get gold on all of them and reap the rewards :P

It's also interesting that you didn't struggle that much on the "Nice Threads" League match. This one took me a long time to master, though I may not have been using the Lasergun shield strategy, if you know what I mean. I also didn't find "Badass Buspass Impasse" too difficult but definitely struggled on "Hit Me Baby One Morgue Time". I think it was the Undead Priests that spawn after you get the time crystal that gave me the most trouble.
Wouldn't it be the day if Badass Cyborg was invited to the Badass Crater of Badassitude!?

Hardest Challenge In Timesplitters 5 years 6 months ago #4222

• Fauch
  • Premium Member
well, I would say I kind of struggled on nice threads at the beginning since I had no strats and didn't know the level, but the time targets really aren't hard to reach. in comparison a platinum on badass buspass impass is only 6s slower than the WR.

it's also a lot different talking about gold and platinum. take top shot, gold is very easy to get, if you are decent at FPS you probably get it every time. now the platinum is incredibly hard to get, even for a pro.

Hardest Challenge In Timesplitters 5 years 5 months ago #4236

• Badass Cyborg v2.0
  • The One and Only Badass in TS
  • Thank you received: 14
Fauch wrote:
well, I would say I kind of struggled on nice threads at the beginning since I had no strats and didn't know the level, but the time targets really aren't hard to reach. in comparison a platinum on badass buspass impass is only 6s slower than the WR.

it's also a lot different talking about gold and platinum. take top shot, gold is very easy to get, if you are decent at FPS you probably get it every time. now the platinum is incredibly hard to get, even for a pro.

I haven't really tried to get platinum on every Arcade League match or Challenge. I tend to get platinum when I'm playing my absolute best on a match with a little bit of dumb luck involved. That said, it's always thrilling to get a platinum when you least expect it! The only matches or challenges that I would actively try to get a platinum on are the ones that are bugged when it comes to trophies, mainly the banana-collecting challenges in TS2. I still don't think I've received a platinum on at least one of the challenges in that set.

BTW, have you been on the TimeSplitters Portal lately? I think I recognize you from that site. I remember a time when it was VERY active, a time when rumors abounded about TS4 and whether it was being made.
Wouldn't it be the day if Badass Cyborg was invited to the Badass Crater of Badassitude!?
Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Badass Cyborg v2.0.

Hardest Challenge In Timesplitters 5 years 5 months ago #4240

• Fauch
  • Premium Member
the majority of the platinums are easy to me :)
I was on TS Portal, few years ago.

Hardest Challenge In Timesplitters 4 years 2 days ago #5091

• Crypt Zombie
  • Thank you received: 2
UPDATE: Yes. It is ridiculously easy. It only took me forever to realize that shooting the electric pulses was much easier. 9 mins. I started playing TSFP again and got it today.
*insert Crypt Zombie groan here*

Hardest Challenge In Timesplitters 3 years 11 months ago #5098

• Krayola
  • Thank you received: 1
I don't find any of the TS challenges or arcade leagues challenging to beat (except the first 2 of the cat racing challenges because screw them but i got gold and thats platinum worthy in my eyes) so I judge how hard a challenge is on how hard the platinum is to get. In my opinion then, the hardest for me in order is:
First 2 Cat Racing Garbage levels that are impossible to platinum unless you are Khallos himself.
Top Shot ( 10 seconds left and Cpt Snow has 5 lives left)
Rumble in the Jungle ( I seriously hate Proximity mines)
Stain Removal ( I seriously cant believe i cant consistently get platinum on this. So embarrassing) :(
Astro Jocks
Oh and Ts1 Space Vandals is my vote for the hardest one to beat just because its so boring.
Also what's the world record for Scrap Metal? That took me lots of tries to Platinum shockingly. 10 Kills in 1 minutes on Scrapyard is quite difficult for me.
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Krayola.

Hardest Challenge In Timesplitters 3 years 11 months ago #5109

• Fauch
  • Premium Member
I agree on all of them except stain removal (even though I apparently have world record on Space vandals with over 47000) it's not too hard with the quick reload. even without it probably wasn't too bad.
I think the world record for scrap metal was above 51s. it's mostly luck based, but some guy developped a strategy about knowing exactly on which frame the bot loses invincibility to get the record as frame perfect as it can be.
for mere mortals like us, the strategy is staying in the center with a laser gun, shooting like mad when the bot is in range and praying.
  • Page:
Moderators: ASneakyGranny
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds