Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: TimeSplitters 4 Story & Gameplay Ideas

TimeSplitters 4 Story & Gameplay Ideas 6 years 2 months ago #3010

• ASneakyGranny
  • Time Crystal Meth
  • Thank you received: 36
This thread can be used for discussing your own storyline for TS4 whether it may be just a run & gun story like the first TimeSplitters or an actual story mode like TimeSplitters 2 & Future Perfect.

You may also discuss character ideas, weapons, multiplayer, vehicles, customisable settings (running, strafing, controls etc.), clans, new game modes etc.
Outnumbered but never Outgunned.
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by ASneakyGranny.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TimeSplitters 4 Story & Gameplay Ideas 6 years 2 months ago #3072

• Sausage Of Anarchy
  • I have an innate respect for the insane.
  • Thank you received: 1
I have nothing to say. Or maybe I do.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ASneakyGranny

TimeSplitters 4 Story & Gameplay Ideas 6 years 1 month ago #3233

I would love for the first mission of TS4 to be like, having the general and anya in a ally and have Cortez walk in, and have them talk for a bit then have that little boy robot, I for got his name but its just a kid with boxes on him. Idk, that's what I would like. I think having that little thing in there would be so funny because at the end of future perfect he was REALLY sad about how be lost his robot. Then have some new enemy bust in through every fucking hole in that allly and just have a huge gun fight. Please don't add any of those search and rescue game modes in TS4 I really love competitive games but that game a multiplayer must be a run and gun game. After seeing some of those characters I posted them on Facebook and me and my friends LOVED playing as those characters, our favorites were Lt.snow and cpt.snow. lol we have been huge fans of this game since we were 5, we still play some times ✌
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by sharkgun. Reason: you can edit your posts

TimeSplitters 4 Story & Gameplay Ideas 6 years 1 month ago #3240

• ASneakyGranny
  • Time Crystal Meth
TimeSplitters 4 Concept Idea by ASneakyGranny

Cortez marries Anya after TSFP. They live a relatively care free life. (By this time, Cortez is retired and in his mid 40s) One day however, the General requires Cortez's assistance. Apparently, a new breed of TimeSplitters have been unleashed via a portal on the edge of the galaxy and have made their way to earth. As Cortez is the most well rounded soldier and most experienced when it comes to fighting the 'Splitters, Cortez comes out of retirement in hopes that he will defeat the TimeSplitters. He travels to the portal to stop more TimeSplitters from arriving. He enters and he is blasted through time (Various levels, Aztec, Militaristic, Future etc.)

You know in TSFP that there are more than one Cortez? (Due to Time Paradoxes)
Well, he eventually meets an evil, younger version of himself who chases Cortez throughout each mission. Cortez cannot kill him or he himself will die. Cortez eventually comes to the conclusion that he will have to either Kill him or try and escape through the portal in which he came from.

I'll add stuff to this later or if I think of another Idea I'll be sure to post it! ;)

TimeSplitters 4 Story & Gameplay Ideas 6 years 1 month ago #3272

• ASneakyGranny
  • Time Crystal Meth
I had another idea for an alternate ending to TimeSplitters 2 which leads to TS4: Corporal Hart never died, somehow escaped from the Space Station & made her way back to earth, just as the war with the TimeSplitters had ended. (Not permanently)

She reunites with Cortez & Anya and they have to stop a new breed of 'Splitters from getting the Time Crystals.

Possible Time Periods could include: 1707- United Kingdom, Some time when Jesus was alive, a mock time period which has hints towards other FPS' (Master Chimp, Gears of Monkey etc.) sometime in WW2 (Cortez & Hart either escape from a concentration camp or they assassinate Hitler)

TimeSplitters 4 Story & Gameplay Ideas 6 years 2 weeks ago #3424

• Badass Cyborg v2.0
  • The One and Only Badass in TS
  • Thank you received: 14
Not sure if this would work but I think it would be cool if there was a "secret" race or subspecies of TimeSplitters that have yet to be discovered. They suddenly appear and are totally independent of what Crow had previously created. This would follow more along the lines of TS1, with the TimeSplitters coming from another dimension.

I still wonder why Free Radical ditched that original story line and replaced it with a mad scientist seeking ultimate power and immortality creating the TimeSplitters to enslave humanity. I mean, I like how TS: FP directly continued off of TS2, it's just that TS1 was left out story-wise.
Wouldn't it be the day if Badass Cyborg was invited to the Badass Crater of Badassitude!?

TimeSplitters 4 Story & Gameplay Ideas 6 years 2 weeks ago #3425

I have some ideas for when Sgt. Cortez travels to different time period levels for TS4's story. This maybe a dumb idea, but I feel inclined to share it anyway ;)

1953 - Streets of London and Buckingham palace
Storyline takes place during the Queens coronation while setting is in a stereotypical 1950's streets in England during the street parties. This idea is heavily inspired by an episode of Doctor Who ("The Idiot's Lantern").

Various time crystals are discovered by Doctor Seth Graven who intends on using the crystals odd power to create alternative fuel for cars and homes. Many companies invested on his newly discovered fuel, as it is a better, renewable alternative for homes and cars. Towards the Coronation, many people reported strange side effects caused by being surrounded by fumes emitted from cars, power plants etc. Side effects included eyes balls melting, suddenly bursting into flames, arms falling off, big/deformed body parts and many other effects. These side effects are also contagious which is a big problem in various streets of London when many people will gather in street parties for the Coronation.

As expected, disaster happens. Many people turn into feral mutants and zombies. Many lose the ability to reason and will attack on sight. Many London Streets are in chaos. Those who watch the Coronation on TV witnessed a member of the Royal family turn into a hideous mutant. Even the local Bobbys (British Police) and Queen life guards are infected.

Sgt. Cortez arrives on the scene and has to find a way to retrieve the time crystal without exposing himself to the hazardous aura. Angry mutants and zombies stand in his way. He may also have to make a visit to Buckingham palace, as a possible Timesplitter or two maybe present there.
Last Edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by Barraco Barner. Reason: Spelling/grammar errors

TimeSplitters 4 Story & Gameplay Ideas 6 years 2 weeks ago #3426

• ASneakyGranny
  • Time Crystal Meth
Adding on to that idea, how about Cortez saves the Queen (or princess as they didn't officially coronate her due to the infection) and she reveals the whereabouts of several Time crystals scattered around Buckingham Palace. Cortez encounters mutants & 'Splitters, kills them & returns to the queen with the Crystals. Out of nowhere, a TimeSplitter attacks Queen Elizabeth, killing her in the process.

The mission afterwards, Cortez arrives in Auschwitz (circa 1942)
He kills the German guards & members of the SS. It turns out that the head of Auschwitz is a TimeSplitter (Shapeshifter) & he is in possession of a Time Crystal. In the process, Sgt Cortez manages to take down an entire concentration camp & in the process saves hundreds of prisoners as well as stealing a crystal. (This would drastically change the events of history)

The next mission needs to be sometime in modern day. (2015?)

TimeSplitters 4 Story & Gameplay Ideas 5 years 9 months ago #3696

• Darkdemon8910
  • If I die... You go with me.
  • Thank you received: 2
A few settings I feel need more.
VR (add elements like building environments around you and running on walls)

Egypt. More treasure stealing please.

WW2. This has so much potential. Perhaps you could be in london or at D-Day or something.
"HEYYYYYY, Wanna be in my GAAAANG?"

TimeSplitters 4 Story & Gameplay Ideas 5 years 9 months ago #3697

• Fauch
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 23
there is quite a reason they didn't do WW2, and I guess it had to do with the fact every single other FPS already did that.
  • Page:
Moderators: ASneakyGranny
Time to create page: 0.418 seconds