Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: PewDiePie loves TimeSplitters

PewDiePie loves TimeSplitters 6 years 1 month ago #3209

• ScruffyDasWolf
  • Developer
  • Thank you received: 20
Haha, man... I've actually been thinking about sending the "Game Grumps" my copies of TS1, 2, and FP. I want to create special cases with the grumps on them first, then I'll send them out in like a little "Box Set". I know fps games make Arin hella sick, but hopefully Dan and Ross, maybe even Kevin and Barry might play it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: oddkhan

PewDiePie loves TimeSplitters 6 years 1 month ago #3213

• warezIbanez
  • Developer
  • Thank you received: 34
The whole idea of 'Let's Players' is off-putting to me. I find people like PewDiePie, Markiplier, and others to come off as grating moreso than entertaining. Hell, I'm pretty sure most of these guys stemmed off of failed Halo / other game machinima series or are trying to emulate other Let's Players' user base success.

If I want to hear about an upcoming game, I usually tune to the source's mouth, which means usually checking out publisher sites. If I want to hear about a released game, I'll go to at least three gaming news sites to see a general opinion on it (and c'mon, let's not fool ourselves that these LPers are taking money from publishers to 'paint games in a positive light while skipping past glaring flaws and whatnot.)
Finally, if I needed to see something funny about a game, I'd look for a machinima on it rather than watching someone play it and fake reactions into their webcam.

PewDiePie loves TimeSplitters 6 years 1 month ago #3216

• henank
I think you're being a bit unfair now, but I'm okay with you having your opinion. For real hard core gamers it's pure shit, I can believe that. For someone like me that don't play that much it's something of a "relaxed way" of getting the information. But as I said for hard core gamers it's probably not something they will like. We all like different things, there are probably people that despise TimeSplitters and that's okay. I just don't think spreading hate is the way to go, spread love, not hate.

The "painted picture" of some 'let's players', feels to me like someone hater have made them and little (or nothing) is the truth. It's a persona, yes, but hey when I play I can get crazy as well. People becomes someone else for a moment to forget everyday life. The 'let's players' are like the pal you sit and watch play, it's been years since I got to do that and for some it might be the only way. As I said, it's not for all and if it isn't, don't give it your time. I'm not being mad or anything so hope you don't take it that way. I just want people to respect that we all enjoy different things and there is nothing wrong with that. And important is, don't judge someone you don't fully know (or have all the info about). Misconception creates too much hate and is so unnecessary.

Don't waste time on hating something, use that time on something you enjoy/love. Make love, not hate.

Sorry for the long post and terrible english :S Hope no one is offended, I just want more respect and understanding in the world and only mean well. I probably have some loose ends in the text, sorry for that, I loose track of what I write all the time :D

Stay awesome people :)

PewDiePie loves TimeSplitters 6 years 1 month ago #3218

• sharkgun
  • Wielding Dual MGs like a boss
  • Thank you received: 54
Well, I must admit that I don't see the appeal of commented gameplay videos. I don't like the newly coined term "Let's play" either. It always gives me the chills when I hear someone mentioning it.

But hey, based on the view count and the number of channel subscriptions a lot of people seem to be fond of this sort of entertainment. And I'm cool with that as long as the player doesn't go overboard with monetization. I know of some German "Let's players" (urgh) who appeared in TV ads for video games. From there on you cannot trust them to be objective with the game they're presenting.

PewDiePie is the no. 1 earner on youtube with 4 million dollars per year.
Known as XUnit's guest and SV SHARKGUN on TSFP (PS2)
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by sharkgun.

PewDiePie loves TimeSplitters 6 years 1 month ago #3219

• Fauch
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 23
I like to watch playthroughs from time to time. for the comments, it depends. some guys are completely annoying, like when will he finally shut up?

PewDiePie loves TimeSplitters 6 years 1 month ago #3221

• ASneakyGranny
  • Time Crystal Meth
  • Thank you received: 36
I miss the good old days of YouTube back in 08 where Let's Plays were called Walkthroughs and they were done by decent players. Nowadays, you get everyone hopping on the "let's play" bandwagon and most of these videos suck. I only made this thread because I just so happened to watch one of his videos (to see what the fuss was about) and spotted this.
Outnumbered but never Outgunned.

PewDiePie loves TimeSplitters 6 years 1 month ago #3223

• Davik Heragon
  • Professional kinda sarcastic guy at your service.
  • Thank you received: 13
ASneakyGranny wrote:
I miss the good old days of YouTube back in 08 where Let's Plays were called Walkthroughs and they were done by decent players. Nowadays, you get everyone hopping on the "let's play" bandwagon and most of these videos suck. I only made this thread because I just so happened to watch one of his videos (to see what the fuss was about) and spotted this.
Times change for the better or the worse.
A different meaning of a word can make a discussion go on and on...

PewDiePie loves TimeSplitters 6 years 1 month ago #3228

• Fauch
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 23
last one I watched was good. "NES Longplay [244] Mission Impossible". no comments and the guy was damn good. I checked some others NES games on this channel and it was nice overall.
one of the most annoying thing can be to watch people play games you are good at, like when I watch some people play timesplitters. I even got a bit annoyed watching the Rayman origins any % speedrun world record, as it looked overall less skilled than what I do in regular time trial mode.
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Fauch.

PewDiePie loves TimeSplitters 6 years 1 week ago #3457

• Master
Rewind would more popular than ever if he promotes this.

PewDiePie loves TimeSplitters 5 years 11 months ago #3483

• eerniizz
  • Do I have red on me?
  • Thank you received: 7
If he plays timesplitters on a video,with the huge fanbase he has, he could cause timesplitters to be more populer among the younger fan bases etc,he has like what 30million subs?out of that 30million at least a god few thousand people would try it out,when pewdiepie played flappy bird,from that one video it made the game sell wayyy more than it orignally did,same could happen to timesplitters... :)
Im the Timesplitters fan who prefers future perfect over 2...
Moderators: ASneakyGranny
Time to create page: 0.517 seconds