Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What we hate about Timesplitters

What we hate about Timesplitters 6 years 2 weeks ago #3456

• Master
I really don't have anything to hate about the game, I just hope rewind becomes very good!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What we hate about Timesplitters 5 years 9 months ago #3804

• Darkdemon8910
  • If I die... You go with me.
  • Thank you received: 2
50% damage on critical hits (Hard). Its the worst.
"HEYYYYYY, Wanna be in my GAAAANG?"

What would you change? 5 years 2 months ago #4598

• The Shoal
Outside of trying to beat Atomsmasher on hard, and not being able to start out with the Virus on the Virus game mode, I cannot think of anything bad about these games! I suppose an issue could be the lack of online and how inconsistent NetPlay is on Dolphin for TS:FP since you must disable dual core to play TS:FP optimally. Enabling dual core on NetPlay will cause the game to crash and pop up with error messages, and having dual core disabled can often cause desyncs.

In short, I wish it had online since currently, NetPlay isn't the best option right now. I didn't have anybody to play TimeSplitters with 10 years ago when I got into the franchise.

What would you change? 5 years 2 months ago #4607

• Fauch
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 23
you could try xlink, it works fine, though it's hard to find players. not impossible, but most of the time it will be no more than 1 or 2 opponents.

What would you change? 5 years 2 months ago #4613

• The Shoal
I'm almost certain that Xlink requires your Xbox system to be in range of your router for a wired connection. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's simply out of the question for me. I live in the UK and I have fibre optic internet, this means our master socket is the only socket where the internet will work and that is in the hallway and my game consoles are in my bedroom. If wireless works, then sure, I could try it.

What would you change? 5 years 2 months ago #4643

• eerniizz
  • Do I have red on me?
  • Thank you received: 7
The one thing I hate is the framerate on consoles especially the ps2, when there is a huge explosion or lots of fire the framerate drops down to like 15 fps sometimes :(
Im the Timesplitters fan who prefers future perfect over 2...

What would you change? 4 years 3 months ago #4958

TimeSplitters 2 is probably the best FPS I've ever played. But there's always one real issue I've had with it:

The hard difficulty of Story Mode, or why it is actually hard in the first place.

I've started up a new profile and I've dove into the missions, managing to make more progress than I've ever made before. I used to give up right around Chicago or Notre Dame, but I've managed to sail past them right into Atom Smasher. And Atom Smasher really showcases the two things I hate about Hard mode.

Random headshots.

Lost half a bar out of nowhere? Headshot. The AI will go from chipping at your health to knocking half a bar off in a split second. Or they could score a headshot right on the first shot. Gets quite annoying trying to push through a mission only to get slammed for massive damage by a single Silenced Pistol round.

Unreliable flinching.

When shot, the enemy flinches backwards or dances around a bit. It's neat, humorous, and it's also great feedback. But sometimes, it's unreliable.

Sometimes the enemy won't flinch at all. This is usually while they're popping out from behind cover, mainly noticeable on Wild West and Atom Smasher. And it's frustrating.

And sometimes, they will flinch, but they'll actually fire back mid-flinch or while they're recovering. And they can still score that random half-a-bar headshot.

Hard's difficulty increase revolving around chance is frustrating, but it's still the best FPS I've ever played.
Last Edit: 4 years 3 months ago by detectDefective.

What would you change? 4 years 3 months ago #4962

• ReissyBoi
  • Time to unleash the Arse-kick-ulator!
In TS:FP when playing on the 2 mansion story levels with zombies. No matter how perfect you line a headshot up with the double barrel shotgun, it wont count as a headshot and will just knock them over. I've managed to get headshots when my crosshair was barley on it's head. The inconsistency with the shotgun was frustrating, especially when you start to get swarmed by them in some areas
Do you see what your cunning daughter has done? My mother sucks lollipops in hell!
Last Edit: 4 years 3 months ago by ReissyBoi.

What would you change? 4 years 3 months ago #4965

• Sammyhammy
I would probably want TS2 missions to have at least 1 health pack because playing it on hard mode isn't "hard". Its sort of like "Develop the level" hard where you need to memorize each room where the enemies are and every hit counts.

What would you change? 4 years 3 months ago #4966

• Fauch
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 23
reissyboi : well, it's a shotgun, it has a random spread. otherwise that would be called a sniper or something.
Last Edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Fauch.
Moderators: ASneakyGranny
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds