Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New Timesplitters Facebook Fan Page

New Timesplitters Facebook Fan Page 5 years 6 months ago #4185

• monkey101
  • It's a Monkey.
For those of you who have a Facebook account, I'd like to invite all Fans to the one and ONLY Timesplitters Fan Page On Facebook. After seeing that no such page existed, I HAD To create one and get a community going! Come and be apart of a soon to be Timesplitters Community!

www.facebook.com/timesplittersfanpage
Yep. It's still a Monkey.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New Timesplitters Facebook Fan Page 5 years 6 months ago #4186

• sharkgun
  • Wielding Dual MGs like a boss
  • Thank you received: 54
I don't think it's a good idea to create yet another TtimeSplitters facebook page as it could potentially fragment the community even more. There are already a number of facebook pages with big TimeSplitters fan bases, so I'd recommend deleting your page since it causes more harm than to help:

TSRewind: www.facebook.com/tsrewind
TImeSplitters4: www.facebook.com/Timesplitters4PLZ
TimeSplitters Xlink Group: www.facebook.com/groups/420709671290865/
Known as XUnit's guest and SV SHARKGUN on TSFP (PS2)
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by sharkgun.

New Timesplitters Facebook Fan Page 5 years 6 months ago #4187

• monkey101
  • It's a Monkey.
Well... The pages you mentioned are dedicated to Timesplitters Rewind, Timesplitters 4 (Which should be considered HIGHLY Outdated XD), and Xlink matches... None are simple fan pages. Which is solely my the point of my page I created. I don't want to argue back and forth about this but I really want to fill in this gap of not having a Page for Fans to enjoy. So really this is the ONLY Fan page because others do not focus on the same content as I wish to do with this page. Oh and cmon, really? Even if there were millions of the same pages and I wanted to create another, you shouldn't bash other people's freedom.

New Timesplitters Facebook Fan Page 5 years 6 months ago #4188

• sharkgun
monkey101 wrote:
Well... The pages you mentioned are dedicated to Timesplitters Rewind, Timesplitters 4 (Which should be considered HIGHLY Outdated XD), and Xlink matches... None are simple fan pages. Which is solely my the point of my page I created. I don't want to argue back and forth about this but I really want to fill in this gap of not having a Page for Fans to enjoy. So really this is the ONLY Fan page because others do not focus on the same content as I wish to do with this page. Oh and cmon, really? Even if there were millions of the same pages and I wanted to create another, you shouldn't bash other people's freedom.

Here are failed fan pages just like yours to-be:
www.facebook.com/pages/Timesplitters-hd-...tion/458472080863305
www.facebook.com/pages/Timesplitters/20387827437
www.facebook.com/pages/Timesplitters-fan-group/102363526510787
www.facebook.com/pages/Cortez-TimeSplitters/167803853264890
www.facebook.com/pages/timesplitters-2/133094216707096
www.facebook.com/TimeSplitters-HD
www.facebook.com/JoinIfYouWouldLikeToSee...plittersHdCollection
www.facebook.com/pages/Timesplitters-Rewind/487295517992430
www.facebook.com/pages/Timesplitters-4/516205321725867
www.facebook.com/pages/TimeSplitters-4-O...tion/119840471376415
www.facebook.com/pages/Timesplitters-fut...fect/279381328778304
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by sharkgun.

New Timesplitters Facebook Fan Page 5 years 6 months ago #4189

• monkey101
  • It's a Monkey.
About 2 or 3 of those are dedicated to bring fan pages like mine so you didnt end up getting so many valid results after all. But since I sense some discomfort, I will do as you ask. I thought these forums were welcoming to Fans of the games. To keep that vibe, you should really avoid being a buzz kill to any Member's ideas. It kinda kills the experience. MODERATOR Or not! It still just wasn't right :/

New Timesplitters Facebook Fan Page 5 years 6 months ago #4190

• sharkgun
monkey101 wrote:
About 2 or 3 of those are dedicated to bring fan pages like mine so you didnt end up getting so many valid results after all. But since I sense some discomfort, I will do as you ask. I thought these forums were welcoming to Fans of the games. To keep that vibe, you should really avoid being a buzz kill to any Member's ideas. It kinda kills the experience. MODERATOR Or not! It still just wasn't right :/

Fixed the broken links (dunno why facebook requires more than the page name to make them accessible).

No, the problem here is that you should take the blinkers off to see the bigger picture. It's a given that the TimeSplitters fan base is much smaller compared to that of big triple-A productions. Now if you want to bring the community together you either need a real reason, e.g. a campaign for an HD remake or even a new game combined with a medium that's as easy to use as possible. You see the result in the number of likes on the TS4PLZ and TSRewind page.

Apart from that there isn't anything relevant on facebook. Outside of facebook the next big community can be found at timesplitters-portal.com I've been a member there since it was created back in 2007. It has 2600 members and is probably the most active TimeSplitters community you will find.

Creating yet another facebook page without an incentive to join just isn't worth it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: monkey101
Moderators: ASneakyGranny
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds