Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Diamond Pusher - Pygame Project

Diamond Pusher - Pygame Project 6 years 4 months ago #2703

• Griff
  • The Bloke with the Red Beard
  • Thank you received: 7
As a final year project for University, I made a puzzle game with the Python programming language along with the Pygame module. My goal was to make a game that's compatible with the Raspberry Pi, a credit-card sized computer that can be used for a variety of projects. The puzzle game that I made is called Diamond Pusher. On every level, the player has to move diamonds onto red tiled switches.

I recently uploaded Diamond Pusher to IndieCity as a free game. The Windows version's available right now, but the Raspberry Pi version is currently being approved by the IndieCity community. I'll be uploading a trailer for the game to YouTube as soon as the Raspberry Pi version's available.

If you want to download the game from IndieCity, here's the link. You'll need to download the IndieCity client first before you start playing, but it's a 15MB download and you'll receive the latest versions of the game as soon as they're available. Much like Steam, but less annoying.

redbeardgames.indiecity.com/projects/diamondpusher

If you'd like to know more about the Raspberry Pi, here's the link.

www.raspberrypi.org/
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Diamond Pusher - Pygame Project 6 years 4 months ago #2705

• sharkgun
  • Wielding Dual MGs like a boss
  • Thank you received: 54
Interesting. I'm using my 2 raspberry pis for a rogue wireless access point (Kali Linux with sslstrip and a few other tools) and one for a private music streaming server (raspbian with subsonic and an external hdd).

Neat little devices, they lack in compute power though.
Known as XUnit's guest and SV SHARKGUN on TSFP (PS2)

Diamond Pusher - Pygame Project 6 years 4 months ago #2711

• Griff
You get what you pay for I suppose.

I tend to use mine for console and DOS emulation along with the occasional Pygame progamming. I've even used XMBC and it's surprising to see how smoothly it runs, even at 1080p.

Diamond Pusher - Pygame Project 5 years 7 months ago #4101

• Griff
The Windows version of Diamond Pusher has been moved to GameJolt and Itch.io since Indie City now only supports the Raspberry Pi. Several months ago, I released the game's first update. It includes more levels, two more music tracks and a few code optimisations to improve the game's performance on older computers.

GameJolt: gamejolt.com/games/puzzle/diamond-pusher/51934/
Itch.io: griff.itch.io/diamond-pusher

If you've previously downloaded the Raspberry Pi version of Diamond Pusher before the update was released, please download and install it from the Pi Store.
Moderators: ASneakyGranny
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds