Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Game Development Project!

Game Development Project! 6 years 8 months ago #2181

• HollowCam
  • First to ever sign up.
  • Thank you received: 17
Information on Project: This is an independently developed project that has recently been started for fun from two fans of the TimeSplitters Game Series. This is more of a hobby and fun project, something of a kickstarter I guess. The project attempts to make a FPS with classic old-school style elements. The game will play similar to TimeSplitters but will not be ripping it off in any way, the goal is to simply revive old style gameplay mechanics.

We are both Novice developers, but as a team we work very well together and were hoping some people may be interested in joining the cause. Similar to TimeSplitters Rewind, the project will be a volunteer group, and our focus is on fun and building experience, it will also allow you to have some actual experience thrown onto your resume, which will help you out in the work field. If the project turns out well we will be extremely enlightened to upload the game to Steam or areas of the sort. If you're interested, there is information below to help you get involved.

Project Owners and Developers:

RED/Ant Ivanov (Youtube)

HollowCam/Cameron Williams (Youtube)

Samples of Old Unfinished Work:

Trello (Shows most of work organized)

HollowCam:

RED:

How to Help us out:

We are currently looking for literally anyone, there is no hiding that there is guaranteed to be a lot more experienced people out there, the only real reason that we are the project owners is because, well we started the project. We both have a vision and would like for it to be fulfilled.

Specifically AT LEAST What we are looking for:

Doesn't require full-fledged application, all jobs require basic background knowledge in video game history (mainly FPS's) and design. To submit, send a request over to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or on Steam.

Programmer:

Preferred familiarity with Cryengine 3 Code-base and lua programming language.
Friendliness, willingness to work with others.
You are allowed to speak French or English, anything else....no can do sorry unless you know a translator (not Google).

3D Modeler (Characters, Props):

Preferred familiarity with Cryengine 3 Importing and exporting options.
Preferred familiarity with programs such as Blender, 3DS Max, Maya, Etc.
You are allowed to speak French or English, anything else....no can do sorry unless you know a translator (not Google).

HUD Designer:

Preferred familiarity with Cryengine 3 and Flash (at least CS4).

Menu Design (Programming):

Preferred familiarity with Cryengine 3 and Flash (at least CS4).

Anyone willing to help or just meet some new people:

Yes, this even includes level design, there are only two of us right now and the more the merrier.
Preferred familiarity with Cryengine 3.
You are allowed to speak French or English, anything else....no can do sorry, unless you know a translator (not Google).

FAQ:

What are we doing to keep track of the project?

We are currently using Trello (Link) as a form of organization, we are constantly updating our progress and keeping the 0 people that look at it up to date.

How long have you guys been working on this project?

About a week and a half or so, we had kind of planned on doing it all ourselves but, we figured, may as well recruit some people if we can.

Why do this if it won't compete with most modern shooters?

Because it is a hobby that we enjoy and we feel that economic value on video games has destroyed the industry, this game will definitely be free (it has to be anyway) and we were inspired by this project.

Why post this on TSRewind.com?

We are familiar with many of the members of the community and realize many of the people on here are craving an actual skilled shooter (There is a whole thread on it), we hope we can bring that to the community, we will try to get it on places like Steam and ModDB.

What are you looking for in the gameplay mechanics?

Well for comparison's sake, a cross between Counter Strike and TimeSplitters. Not to rip any of those off, but most classic shooters had a certain style (usually, simply the lack of ADS) and we would like to create something we enjoy.

If I'm interested who should I speak to?

I recommend speaking to me only because I have better communication skills specifically in the English language and I have a better understanding of Video Game Design as a whole for that reason, of course if you speak French feel free to contact RED or RED Fragger.

Contact Us:

HollowCam/ Cameron Williams:

E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Steam: HollowCam
Youtube: Take A Good Guess......HollowCam

RED/Ant Ivanov

E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Steam: Ant (Got a picture of Ghost as his background)
Youtube: Don't expect a reply from him here....you know what, I won't even supply it......k fine....ReDFragg3r
Last Edit: 6 years 8 months ago by HollowCam. Reason: Additions
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RED

Game Development Project! 6 years 8 months ago #2182

• Davik Heragon
  • Professional kinda sarcastic guy at your service.
  • Thank you received: 13
Good luck with this. I am curious to see what it will become :)
A different meaning of a word can make a discussion go on and on...
The following user(s) said Thank You: HollowCam, RED

Game Development Project! 6 years 7 months ago #2212

• HollowCam
  • First to ever sign up.
Just a Small Update to just give people an idea of our content and what kind of things we are producing.
Check out our Steam Concept Page
Check out our Facebook Page
Check out our newest (Only) Video Update:
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by HollowCam. Reason: addin more stuff Lori, thangs
The following user(s) said Thank You: RED, Davik Heragon, Duckfromportal

Game Development Project! 6 years 7 months ago #2220

• ASneakyGranny
  • Time Crystal Meth
  • Thank you received: 36
Very nice looking considering you haven't been working on it for that long! Good luck guys.
Outnumbered but never Outgunned.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HollowCam, RED

Game Development Project! 6 years 7 months ago #2222

• Duckfromportal
  • Thank you received: 1
If you guys need someone to be a voice actor or to help with story, I'll be willing to help, other than that I'm not good at 3d modeling or programming, I might be able to pull on favors in a year though if another one of my projects is successful and be able to get this marketed slightly and trending in Washington State. . . Although that depends on my other projects success.
The best pudding is quack

Game Development Project! 6 years 7 months ago #2223

• RED
  • Premium Member
  • Most Lethal
Thanks for yours feedback Guys .
ReD Fragg3r / SV SerenitY
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by RED.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maurel

Game Development Project! 6 years 7 months ago #2224

• HollowCam
  • First to ever sign up.
Duck: Also to add to that, thanks for the feedback and interest. Currently we aren't sure if we have the skills to produce a story with working animations and all. Glad you're interested in helping and we will let you know in the future about that, I also happen to be a screenwriter and a decent voice actor so I can understand your desire to get your work out there! And 3d modeling and programming would be a big help no matter the grade, and if you would be able to help market or trending at all, or heck just get the word out that would be awesome. If you are interested in helping in any way at all feel free to continue this conversation via Steam or via e-mail.
Steam: HollowCam

ASneakyGranny: Thanks man, I think it is coming along rather swimmingly. I hope work continues to move along and we acheive sucess, let us know if you are interested in being a part of this project in any way! Thanks.
-HollowCam

Game Development Project! 6 years 7 months ago #2232

• ASneakyGranny
  • Time Crystal Meth
I doubt I'd be very much use to you at the moment HollowCam as I have never used the CryEngine before, only unity. I'm sure you guys will manage without me though, seems like you know what you're doing. Thanks for the offer anyway and good luck!! B)
Outnumbered but never Outgunned.

Game Development Project! 6 years 6 months ago #2479

• HollowCam
  • First to ever sign up.
If anyone is particularly interested to know, we are still working on this project. I am slowly working on it bit by bit, but RED has been working a lot.

We have recruited a few members within the past week and we now have a modeler, UI programmer, and I don't really know about the other guy. They're all French so it's kind of hard to speak to them.

Well, not much else to say as far as development other than its going well and we expect to be towards alpha stages relatively soon.

I'll leave you all with some photos:

Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by HollowCam. Reason: Forgot to Add Photos

Game Development Project! 6 years 4 months ago #2694

• RED
  • Premium Member
  • Most Lethal
Main Menu created a bit quickly with the Unreal Engine 4.4 [Unreal Motion Graphic]

ReD Fragg3r / SV SerenitY
Moderators: ASneakyGranny
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds