Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Question for Michael Hubicka.

Question for Michael Hubicka. 7 years 1 week ago #565

  • DanL249
  • DanL249's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Eat my laser. Eat it!
  • Posts: 22
  • Thank you received: 13
  • Karma: 7
CaptainCookie wrote:
Are we still going to get the TimeSplitters feel?
since you're building from the ground up on a new engine, I'm just curious! :ohmy:

We hope so! We're aware that there's a distinctive feel to TimeSplitters and if we don't nail that we haven't done the game justice, we hope to recreate that fun, fast, frantic but smooth gameplay with the characters and maps we know and love.

Since we are talking about PC specs 'n stuff, I would like to know if there will be an option to change the Field of View.

We do intend to have an option for players to alter FoV.

He means the crosshairs behaviour - fixed or moving. TSFP's default setting was fixed and could be changed to moving.

We'll also have an option to let players choose between a fixed and a moving crosshair.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Davik Heragon, deadwina

Question for Michael Hubicka. 7 years 1 week ago #567

  • Ninja Monkey
  • Ninja Monkey's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Ninja leader
  • Posts: 66
  • Thank you received: 3
  • Karma: 3
DanL249 wrote:
CaptainCookie wrote:
Are we still going to get the TimeSplitters feel?
since you're building from the ground up on a new engine, I'm just curious! :ohmy:

We hope so! We're aware that there's a distinctive feel to TimeSplitters and if we don't nail that we haven't done the game justice, we hope to recreate that fun, fast, frantic but smooth gameplay with the characters and maps we know and love.

Since we are talking about PC specs 'n stuff, I would like to know if there will be an option to change the Field of View.

We do intend to have an option for players to alter FoV.

He means the crosshairs behaviour - fixed or moving. TSFP's default setting was fixed and could be changed to moving.

We'll also have an option to let players choose between a fixed and a moving crosshair.

Everyone, I'm sure the dev team is going to create the game just as you want it to be, because that is their goal as well. That meaning the classic timesplitters as we know and love. And their goal is also to make sure so that as many as possible can play the game. Think they said so on FB.

Just as staff member DanL249 said =P

Edit: implement as much as possible from the previous games
The return of the monkeys is here! :ohmy:
Last Edit: 7 years 1 week ago by Ninja Monkey. Reason: Edit
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Question for Michael Hubicka. 7 years 1 week ago #569

  • Davik Heragon
  • Davik Heragon's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Member
  • Professional kinda sarcastic guy at your service.
  • Posts: 172
  • Thank you received: 13
  • Karma: 11
To be honest from what I've heard so far about how they want the game and how dedicated they are I trust them 100% with this game no doubt never
A different meaning of a word can make a discussion go on and on...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Question for Michael Hubicka. 7 years 1 week ago #570

  • Ninja Monkey
  • Ninja Monkey's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Ninja leader
  • Posts: 66
  • Thank you received: 3
  • Karma: 3
Davik Heragon wrote:
To be honest from what I've heard so far about how they want the game and how dedicated they are I trust them 100% with this game no doubt never
Only 100%? ;)
I couldn't agree more
The return of the monkeys is here! :ohmy:
Last Edit: 7 years 1 week ago by Ninja Monkey.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Question for Michael Hubicka. 7 years 1 week ago #585

  • mhubicka
  • mhubicka's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • IT'S TIME TO SPLIT!
  • Posts: 28
  • Thank you received: 30
  • Karma: 33
At some point when I have a lot of free time I will write a huge development roadmap page. That way everyone will know what we are working on, what we have planned and what is on the agenda but is something we will work on far into the future.

What I will say is that we are starting to get more things into the engine. We had a bit of a setback with the animation pipeline because of the new CryEngine changes. Now that we have gotten that sorted out - I would say that in the next month or so we should be seeing a lot more screenshots. I also hope to get into alpha by this spring or summer. That's our goal but I will not be making any promises.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RED, Davik Heragon, crap-zapper, deadwina

Question for Michael Hubicka. 7 years 1 week ago #592

  • iRedbeard
  • iRedbeard's Avatar
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • Pathetic Shot
  • Posts: 16
  • Thank you received: 1
  • Karma: 1
mhubicka wrote:
At some point when I have a lot of free time I will write a huge development roadmap page. That way everyone will know what we are working on, what we have planned and what is on the agenda but is something we will work on far into the future.

What I will say is that we are starting to get more things into the engine. We had a bit of a setback with the animation pipeline because of the new CryEngine changes. Now that we have gotten that sorted out - I would say that in the next month or so we should be seeing a lot more screenshots. I also hope to get into alpha by this spring or summer. That's our goal but I will not be making any promises.

No need to make any promises, even if this takes longer than was planned, i have a feeling it will be done right. A true fan would have no problem waiting a few extra months, or another year even, just to get their hands on this game. I'm just excited to know this is going to be a real thing and that there are talented volunteers who know the series and know how much we all enjoy it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Question for Michael Hubicka. 7 years 1 week ago #598

  • gsurfer04
  • gsurfer04's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • AKA Sam the Fish, TSMB Veteran
  • Posts: 66
  • Thank you received: 3
  • Karma: -1
Take the Valve approach, only release it when it's absolutely ready.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Question for Michael Hubicka. 7 years 1 week ago #599

  • Ninja Monkey
  • Ninja Monkey's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Ninja leader
  • Posts: 66
  • Thank you received: 3
  • Karma: 3
iRedbeard wrote:
mhubicka wrote:
At some point when I have a lot of free time I will write a huge development roadmap page. That way everyone will know what we are working on, what we have planned and what is on the agenda but is something we will work on far into the future.

What I will say is that we are starting to get more things into the engine. We had a bit of a setback with the animation pipeline because of the new CryEngine changes. Now that we have gotten that sorted out - I would say that in the next month or so we should be seeing a lot more screenshots. I also hope to get into alpha by this spring or summer. That's our goal but I will not be making any promises.

No need to make any promises, even if this takes longer than was planned, i have a feeling it will be done right. A true fan would have no problem waiting a few extra months, or another year even, just to get their hands on this game. I'm just excited to know this is going to be a real thing and that there are talented volunteers who know the series and know how much we all enjoy it.
I could wait for as long as it takes. Rushing a game to it's completion never pays off, not like anyone said so, just saying. I have no rush what so ever and couldn't agree more with what iRedbeard said
The return of the monkeys is here! :ohmy:
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iRedbeard

Question for Michael Hubicka. 7 years 1 week ago #604

  • Avatar
  • Avatar's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Posts: 33
  • Thank you received: 1
  • Karma: 0
Yeah definitely don't do what EA & Dice did with bf4 :D That was a shambles at launch.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Question for Michael Hubicka. 7 years 1 week ago #605

  • RED
  • RED's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Most Lethal
  • Posts: 272
  • Thank you received: 36
  • Karma: 20
I hope a lot of screenShot mean enough :p
ReD Fragg3r / SV SerenitY
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.289 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum