Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: About Page

About Page 6 years 9 months ago #2463

• mat
Hi, I found out about this project through the Facebook page, which had no information that I could see about what it actually is. So, I went to the website. There is no information here, either. There are lots of updates about how the project is going and what's been done so far and how the new engine is being implemented, but I have no idea what TimeSplitters Rewind is or who is making it. Is it a remake? A compilation? An entirely new game? Is it being produced officially or is it just a fan project?

If there was a page on the site where the basic details of the project are outline, that would go a really long way. There seems to be quite a few people here, so I'm not sure how they got this information. Maybe I'm just missing a really basic thing, but I cannot figure out what this is supposed to be.
Last Edit: 6 years 9 months ago by mat.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

About Page 6 years 9 months ago #2466

• Duckfromportal
  • Thank you received: 1
TSR, as explained to me and from my understanding, is a remake of the first three games. It will have all characters and maps from 1, 2, and 3 and it may also have new things depending on how much the developers have for say. It is the sort of community driven blessed by Crytek and lead By Michael Hubicka. If you scroll far enough down on the first facebook page used (100,000 strong for timesplitters 4) you'll get a bit more informed on this, since it had to build up a lot of steam before Crytek gave their blessing. One of the other fanboys might be able to answer you better, or an admin or Michael, I just thought you'd like a quick explanation.
The best pudding is quack

About Page 6 years 9 months ago #2467

• Lau
  • You wanna see crazy?
  • Thank you received: 3
What Duckfromportal said is right :). Just some additional information in case you (or others) don't know about the Timesplitters series at all:

Timesplitters is a First-Person shooter. Its weapons and maps are based on all sorts of time periods (e.g. Wild West, (Sovjet) Russia, Space Station etc). While it has a great story-mode, the thing that really characterizes Timesplitters it its multiplayer mode. It has a lot of maps, dozens of weapons and hundreds of playable characters like gingerbread-men, ducks, mad scientists and zombies.

Three games have been made so far (TimeSplitters, TimeSplitters 2 and TimeSplitters: Future Perfect). Unfortunately, a fourth Timesplitters was never made because the company ("Free Radical") that originally made the series, chose to develop another game before making a fourth TS (TS=TimeSplitters). Some concept art was made for TS4, but Free Radical went bankrupt before they had the chance of really creating TS4. The company was then bought out and renamed "Crytek UK"

It was still considered too much of a risk to make a game such as TimeSplitters, because it was unknown wether there was enough demand for such game. Fans made a petition in order to show them that enough people were interested in another TimeSplitters. Despite the efforts of the fans (100,000 strong for Timesplitters), no 4th game has been made.

Besides a new TS-game, fans also demanded a HD-Remake of the 3 previous Timesplitters-games. Crytek agreed and allowed a team of fans to develop a HD-Remake called "TIMESPLITTERS: REWIND". (Focusing on Multiplayer)
The devs are not allowed to make ANY money from this project. (Only donations to fund server costs are allowed) Therefore, Timesplitters will be fully free to play. Additionally, the devs are not allowed to use anything directly from the previous three games, so the project had to start from scratch and all characters(!), maps and weapons have to be recreated entirely. Therefore this task demands a lot of time, and given the fact that the developers are doing this in their spare time without being paid makes this project really admirable. (Hangar) Hats off to the devs, their hard work is much appreciated :)

TL;DR: Timesplitters Rewind is a volunteer project that tries to remake the three previous (FPS) TimeSplitters games in HD, with all 287 unique original characters and without adding or changing too much in order to capture the spirit and true feeling of TimeSplitters. It will be fully free to play for PC (they have plans on releasing it to PS too). It will be sooo much fun! :D
Last Edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Lau.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mat

About Page 6 years 9 months ago #2471

• DanL249
  • Eat my laser. Eat it!
  • Thank you received: 13
Thanks for the feedback mat, we've now got a FAQ for TimeSplitters Rewind on this site detailing what the project is about, you can find it here, if you have any further questions or would like to see more added to the FAQ section, just let us know! :)

About Page 6 years 9 months ago #2472

• RED
  • Premium Member
  • Most Lethal
  • Thank you received: 36
Thanks for this update but we all know everythings about what you have writed, similar as the last Q&A the last year lol .
ReD Fragg3r / SV SerenitY

About Page 6 years 9 months ago #2473

• mat
Thanks!

It sounds like an interesting project. I can't wait to see how good people actually are online, having played it against bots for so many years.

About Page 6 years 9 months ago #2475

• Fauch
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 23
well... come on xlink. we are sure to give you a hard time.

About Page 6 years 9 months ago #2521

• TSR1211
Hope the game is going well, and I would love to see all the new things that could be added as well! ;)
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds