Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: This Website is Dead.

This Website is Dead. 6 years 3 months ago #2897

• Headsprouter
  • "That mine cart was pretty fun, huh?"
  • Thank you received: 16
MEEK wrote:
Well thank you for understanding, and I understand that I shouldn't have just spurted that out of no where. It's just sad to see this community dying out so quickly.. I also wasn't aware of how they were letting hardly anyone who wanted to help, help.
that's kind of sad for the fans who wanted to help.
However, that doesn't mean we shouldn't at least try and help to re-spark this community.
I don't know how the heck we'd do it. But we could try right? Maybe?

Maybe.

I made an account pretty early to secure the username of my favourite character, and the username I use on as many websites as I can. I was at least one of the people that alerted the facebook page staff that the password reset emails weren't sending.

I think what we really need right now is at least a "Hello! We're here!" from the TSR developers, but considering the kind of people who bitch and moan when they haven't got screenshots/gameplay taking up the majority of the comments on the facebook page, I can understand why it's not very fun for them to try and interact with us. Scruffy (now Damianaid, as I'm sure you know) was the last developer I heard of regarding the project, and the most recent comment from a developer other than that that I know of was from Hubicka. He said he forgot about his Twitter. Too busy working on Rewind. That was 28th of August. Nothing since. I sent him a tweet basically asking "Any news, holder of my childhood?" (not those exact words, obviously) just there. Hopefully he replies.

As for help, I couldn't contribute anything meaningful other than cash. I'm Jack M on the special thanks page. The positions they're looking to fill are too artsy/programmy for me. I'd give anything to have some artistic skill. I haven't tried programming yet, but I'd love to be good at it.

I didn't see this site when it was more active, as some of you are saying, which I'm sad to have missed.

Also, too many people have Ghost as their avatar, it's hard to tell you guys apart. :L

Yeah, so don't mind me, just pouring my thoughts someplace where people might actually still care.

"Nothing to shoot at? Group hug!"
The administrator has disabled public write access.

This Website is Dead. 6 years 3 months ago #2901

• HollowCam
  • First to ever sign up.
  • Thank you received: 17
I think what we really need right now is at least a "Hello! We're here!" from the TSR developers

I think that if the developers did this, there wouldn't be as big of a cry for the gameplay and videos and such, I mentioned it before but just saying this.

Good to see you were here early on, and glad you're here now to help out the cause.
I didn't see this site when it was more active, as some of you are saying, which I'm sad to have missed.

You missed out, it was glorious......glorious. I used to come home every day and the first thing I'd check is the forums, looking for some people to talk to and stuff, I became really good friends with some people here especially RED, who is pretty much the biggest fan here by far who donated hundreds and hundreds of dollars to Pantheoynx, and he is so upset by what has been happening that even he has left. It is sad to see him go, as it would to see everyone else go. That's why I attempt to post on here as much as possible to re-ignite the spark to show the world that the community does care.

Motivational speech over.

This Website is Dead. 6 years 3 months ago #2902

• Davik Heragon
  • Professional kinda sarcastic guy at your service.
  • Thank you received: 13
Gotta agree about RED. I have chatted with him several times, but he is indeed a person who would go deep for this game. I sincerely hope Pantheonyx can make the dreams true, but we shouldn't get too hyped right now, if we don't want to experience the same road again. Looking forward to this game is good, but the experience has taught most of us to calm it a bit down.

BTW: Headsprouter you don't want to know how many Anya's and Viola's there were at the beginning of this website ;)
A different meaning of a word can make a discussion go on and on...
Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Davik Heragon.

This Website is Dead. 6 years 3 months ago #2903

• DanL249
  • Eat my laser. Eat it!
I think what we really need right now is at least a "Hello! We're here!" from the TSR developers, but considering the kind of people who bitch and moan when they haven't got screenshots/gameplay taking up the majority of the comments on the facebook page, I can understand why it's not very fun for them to try and interact with us.

When I was on the Rewind team we realised that recently, though people wanted to know the project was still alive, they were more interested in seeing some actual content from the game. For every comment wanting just a 'Hello, we're alive', there were many more wanting much more than that. We were therefore more focused on getting our heads down and working on the game, rather than posting frequent updates with nothing to show yet. This way perhaps the expectations and hype for the game would subside until there was something substantial to show - there's no way any project can maintain a high level of hype for a game for such a long period of time.

Making a game is not at all easy, especially when you're working with such a cherished franchise and aiming for a high standard, combine that with a small (professionally inexperienced) team, which is relatively small, part time working etc etc. You all know these limitations, but there are many more behind the scenes issues that normal game development encounters as well. I'm not trying to make excuses for the slow pace of development (it's not for lack of effort from the developers, they are trying their hardest) but instead help people to understand that this will take time, potentially much more than the development cycles of professional studios which can take years.

I'm no longer on the team, so I cannot speak for what is happening at the moment, but I would ask for people to continue supporting the game, there are many stumbling blocks along the way that will stall development, but the support of the people who want to play the game is what encourages the team to continue. I understand it's frustrating to hear very little for long periods of time, I also hope that changes, but please don't write the project off just yet :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: HollowCam, sharkgun, Davik Heragon, Raz

This Website is Dead. 6 years 3 months ago #2912

• Joshed7
Jeez this websites not even a fraction of the age of Timesplitters Portal and it's already having an existential crisis?

This Website is Dead. 6 years 3 months ago #2913

• DanL249
  • Eat my laser. Eat it!
TimeSplitters Portal barely talks about TimeSplitters these days, there's not a great deal to talk about though unfortunately.

This Website is Dead. 6 years 3 months ago #2914

• Fauch
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 23
even the rec room is very quiet :/

This Website is Dead. 6 years 2 months ago #2919

• Headsprouter
  • "That mine cart was pretty fun, huh?"
  • Thank you received: 16
I'm a member of Timesplitters Portal, and have made one post on it, but the strange layout and archaic look of the site kind of made me shy away. I might revisit at some point. I never really made a conscious decision to abandon the concept of being there, it just sort of...happened. I attend the Escapist regularly, but don't post on its front page threads very often. Everyone's at each other's throats, obsessed with gamergate and Anita Sarkeesian. It's depressing.

Almost as depressing as the relative silence regarding TSR is.

"Nothing to shoot at? Group hug!"

This Website is Dead. 6 years 5 days ago #3459

• Master
I love the way how the website looks classic and nostalgic but abit of changing making it more modern and give more updates would be awesome!
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds