Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: This Website is Dead.

This Website is Dead. 6 years 4 months ago #2745

• bonyjoe
  • Thank you received: 16
The post was deleted because it contained wip pictures of things that the artists did not want to be shown, artists are very possessive of their work (because, well, it's theirs) and having it shown off in a fashion that denigrates the final piece is not what they will ever want.

Sometimes people do dumb stuff and posting without that permission is an example.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Davik Heragon

This Website is Dead. 6 years 4 months ago #2746

• RED
  • Premium Member
  • Most Lethal
  • Thank you received: 36
hey , when the greelight steam concept page will be back ?
ReD Fragg3r / SV SerenitY

This Website is Dead. 6 years 4 months ago #2752

• gerardpinoche
  • GĂ©rard P., 62 ans.
  • Thank you received: 3
sharkgun wrote:
I know it's been quiet for quite some time but I can assure you and the rest of the community that the game's still actively being worked on.

Hard to believe.
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by gerardpinoche.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RED, ASneakyGranny

This Website is Dead. 6 years 3 months ago #2856

• ASneakyGranny
  • Time Crystal Meth
The website really is dead this time. I cri evritime :(
Outnumbered but never Outgunned.

This Website is Dead. 6 years 3 months ago #2857

• HollowCam
  • First to ever sign up.
  • Thank you received: 17
The website really is dead this time. I cri evritime :(

Sad, Sad Day. The hype has truly decimated.

I was the first person to make an account for these forums, and I check the forums every day, with no luck of a post, I would post, but it feels like I haven't nothing to discuss anymore, a large percentage of the community has disbanded, people that were once friends on here are now arch enemies, and there are no updates for us to discuss. The only real hype is that Scruffy posted a video announcing a Q&A and a new video, but the community on this website seems to no longer care, which is sad, considering the biggest fans are the ones right here in this forum. Before TS: R I thought I was one of few TimeSplitters Fans, hoping for the creation of TS4, and when I heard about TS: R, I was startled, simply because I didn't know anyone had the drive to do such a thing. Even when Daniel Wesoly mentioned his UT2004 mod, I was one of the first people to want to help. I'm totally just spewing out my thoughts right now, but if it helps get some sort of activity then great. I hope this website and the community returns to its glory; I have no complaints, only wishes.

This Website is Dead. 6 years 3 months ago #2858

• MEEK
  • Where's my Minigun?!
  • Thank you received: 5
I'm probably going to get a lot of hate for this, but, how about we all stop moaning about the lack of updates or about how it's not coming out fast enough. We've been informed multiple times that there aren't many people working on this project.
We're lucky to even have people willing to give up their spare time to work on a giant project and not even get payed for it.
If you're really running out of hype and/or are running out of discussions, then do something to help build the hype. Get creative and get arty. Make up possible characters or something. Or you can apply for a job and help them finish it quicker.
I don't know, do whatever. Just stop moaning about it.

This Website is Dead. 6 years 3 months ago #2859

• HollowCam
  • First to ever sign up.
  • Thank you received: 17
No hate applied, but I really hope you are not referring to me, because I am not moaning at all, I'm not complaining about the lack of updates, I have already stated my opinion on this matter here: www.tsrewind.com/index.php/en/forum/time...ates-on-tsr?start=10

I am a big supporter of this project and have nothing against the developers, and there are actually quite a few people working on this project, maybe not to the caliber of a AAA studio, but still quite a bit, and also, it's difficult to apply for a job because the skills they are looking for are unattainable to a lot of people, and they don't accept applications for anything else, for example level design. I have nothing against you MEEK, but you need to understand that by me saying the hype is gone for this project is not anything that anyone can help, it's just the truth, I'm not being negative, I'm just referring to the state of this website (as the thread implies), and they can't get payed for it if they wanted to, and also as I've said in my previous argument I'm sure there are many many people that would love to work on this project that would be very dedicated and produce a good quality project, but they are never given the opportunity. As I've also stated, there are also many people that don't have a job that would love to help, so they don't even have to worry about spare time, instead they have a large portion of time to work on the project.

Also when I refer to the hype being gone, I am referring to the activity of the website, you mentioned to make up possible characters. We used to do that, we all used to chat and talk about all of these things, but you can only do that for so long until you lack motivation, that motivation and strive as dwindled due to the circumstances.

Also as far as the jobs go, this is supposed to be a community project, but the job cycle doesn't really work like that, so to say that we can help them finish it quicker, isn't exactly an option. They only take in people that apply for a select few jobs, the only case of pure luck, was Sharkgun's job, which reflected on the forums mainly. There are many small jobs that can be applied to, but the team refuses most of the time. Again, nothing against the team, I'm just stating the case.

P.S: We are not moaning here, if you want to see moaning go to this thread: www.tsrewind.com/index.php/en/forum/time...12-useless-ts-r-team

This Website is Dead. 6 years 3 months ago #2860

• ASneakyGranny
  • Time Crystal Meth
We all know who RED is correct? I can't remember which thread he posted in but he said he wasn't coming back to the forums for a while. We're talking about a guy that is probably the most active and energetic fan towards TimeSplitters than the rest of us and even he has bailed. The community is slowly dying and we need to remedy this. Look at the TSRewind FB. No posts since April! Not even a simple "This month we have completed character x & y" the steam page is gone leaving a large majority bewildered & We've yet to see a gameplay video which was expected around Easter time. I'm not hating, but even a 40+ team making Rewind can solve this problem.
Outnumbered but never Outgunned.
Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by ASneakyGranny.

This Website is Dead. 6 years 3 months ago #2861

• sharkgun
  • Wielding Dual MGs like a boss
  • Thank you received: 54
ASneakyGranny wrote:
I'm not hating, but even a 40+ team making Rewind can solve this problem.

Unfortunately that is not the case. Subtract two-thirds of that to get the current team size. Right now a lot of effort goes into set dressing, i.e. prop artists is what we need. And what we usually do is give applicants a part of a level to show that they are up to the task. We're always looking for reliable people with genuine interest in bringing this project forward and the skills to realize the vision of a TS HD remake. You know, a lot of people that applied for the project and got accepted didn't have any or only a bit of experience with the engine which also needs to be factored into the overall time it takes to get an asset fully working in the engine.

I am currently working on a few things for the TSR website, but it takes time to create something that the community is satisfied with.

No one stops you from getting into 3ds max, maya, modo, zbrush, mudbox, substance painter or whatever to help us out. And actually there is something that you can really help us with. I'm going to create a seperate thread for that though.
Known as XUnit's guest and SV SHARKGUN on TSFP (PS2)
Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by sharkgun.

This Website is Dead. 6 years 3 months ago #2862

• MEEK
  • Where's my Minigun?!
  • Thank you received: 5
Well thank you for understanding, and I understand that I shouldn't have just spurted that out of no where. It's just sad to see this community dying out so quickly.. I also wasn't aware of how they were letting hardly anyone who wanted to help, help.
that's kind of sad for the fans who wanted to help.
However, that doesn't mean we shouldn't at least try and help to re-spark this community.
I don't know how the heck we'd do it. But we could try right? Maybe?
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds