Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: This Website is Dead.

This Website is Dead. 6 years 7 months ago #2399

• Ninja Monkey
  • Ninja leader
  • Thank you received: 3
Davik Heragon wrote:
Yup. There isn't much we can do outside of posting and sending an email. I am expecting something to happen somewhere in the near future though...
Agreed, I have the same feeling.
The return of the monkeys is here! :ohmy:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

This Website is Dead. 6 years 6 months ago #2412

• XUnit
  • Thank you received: 5
Well since there's quite a lot of stuff happening with Crytek's CryEngine at the moment it's difficult to get certain things "done in time".

CryEngine lately offers a subscription based payment model for a license, at around 8-10$/month, which can be quite expensive if ... say 25 people work with it.

I think the free version of CryEngine will no longer be supported, however, the payed full version has the complete thing, though.

There has also been some trouble with some transistions I think from an old build of CryEngine to a new one, having Pantheonix to re-do some stuff from what I read, if I recall correctly.

Anyway, saying this website is dead is a bit of an overreaction I guess. We've had years of nothing TS related - news wise. So let's give 'em the time they need. And the support.
I agree on the front page, which is meant to represent this project, being a bit quiet.
I'm sure within some time we can have more regular updates on most things, even let's plays, dev. process, vs. streams, overall progress and such.
Time to unleash the arse-kickulator!
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by XUnit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dethwish-2401

This Website is Dead. 6 years 6 months ago #2415

• Dethwish-2401
  • Thank you received: 7
I don't like seeing people being to impatient about something like this, they are not a AAA company with hundreds of thousands of dollars at their expense, even then those company still take forever to release some games or even mentioning some form of update.
I check in on this site pretty much once a day, i don't really post things because i don't think it's necessary, i believe if they are as dedicated to the game as i am and as they have stated they are it will be made with detail and well worth the wait knowing they have taken their time not to mess anything up or rush it, they do not need my input for that.
What they are doing is what Oddworld Inhabitants are doing, ive been waiting for that game since it was announced, and i do not want them to rush it, if they need extra time, so be it.
An update once a month would be nice though, even something as simple as "we have made this model blah blah blah"... don't need much, just something to keep people interested and make sure they are not forgotten about.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sharkgun, RED, Davik Heragon, MEEK, nozaj_darkcaster

This Website is Dead. 6 years 6 months ago #2428

• MEEK
  • Where's my Minigun?!
  • Thank you received: 5
I completely agree with Dethwish. Furthermore, I actually think it's better to get most of the details frequently when the game is mostly finished. Otherwise, the hype dies down quickly when the game is released.
There's a lot of mystery in the process of what it's going to look like and how it's going to feel, and that entices me deeply.
Also, this website was merely made to bring fans together and discuss the game. They do post updates about how they're getting on, but mostly on their Facebook page. Although it's not often, it's still something.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DanL249

This Website is Dead. 6 years 4 months ago #2697

• ASneakyGranny
  • Time Crystal Meth
  • Thank you received: 36
It has been months since the last 'real' update. Still nothing new. I'm getting TimeSplitters withdrawal symptoms now.....
Outnumbered but never Outgunned.

This Website is Dead. 6 years 4 months ago #2701

• mousedroidz21
  • EVERYONE CALL ME ELF MONSTER
  • Thank you received: 7
come on Dev's please show some work :(

[Sig redacted for being too big]

This Website is Dead. 6 years 4 months ago #2741

• Davik Heragon
  • Professional kinda sarcastic guy at your service.
  • Thank you received: 13
For me, and/or some other people, the most annoying thing isn't the fact that updates are rare. It is a little bit annoying, but life goes on and I can live with that. What I really really hate is the fact that the latest updates have been deleted and no one knows why they did that, because they explain nothing. If you want to anger your fanbase you're doing a good job. I am not saying I hate Pantheonyx or anything related to 'hate' and 'TS Rewind', but posting news, deleting it and not even mentioning why you did that is just rude. [End of my opinion]
A different meaning of a word can make a discussion go on and on...
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Davik Heragon.

This Website is Dead. 6 years 4 months ago #2742

• ASneakyGranny
  • Time Crystal Meth
  • Thank you received: 36
Michael Hubicka said last year on his channel that the Dev team would be heavily involved with the community. All you need to do is look at the Rewind Facebook pages and see that they have failed to do that. Take a look at H1Z1 for example, the Devs often host streams and stuff and ask the community what they'd like to see in the game. Personally, this model works better than updating us every 4 months. Just look at the 100k for TimeSplitters page, for a while there we were getting loads of likes up until about 50k, now it's pretty stagnant with little to no information about how the game's getting on. Tbh, the only dev that is really communicating with the fans is ScruffyDasWolf and unfortunately, the higher ups aren't letting him showcase any of their work. Please Rewind Devs, get involved with the community more, it'll attract more attention to TSRewind thus making the game more popular and it will piss off the fans less! Time to Split? More like Time for a new plan of Action!
Outnumbered but never Outgunned.

This Website is Dead. 6 years 4 months ago #2743

• sharkgun
  • Wielding Dual MGs like a boss
  • Thank you received: 54
ASneakyGranny wrote:
Take a look at H1Z1 for example, the Devs often host streams and stuff and ask the community what they'd like to see in the game. Personally, this model works better than updating us every 4 months.

The problem with that is that you're comparing a commercial project with a 2-3 digit number of full-time game developers with a small project team that consists of people working full-time who decided to spend a substantial part of their spare time on helping realize this project's vision.

I know it's been quiet for quite some time but I can assure you and the rest of the community that the game's still actively being worked on.
Known as XUnit's guest and SV SHARKGUN on TSFP (PS2)

This Website is Dead. 6 years 4 months ago #2744

• Davik Heragon
  • Professional kinda sarcastic guy at your service.
  • Thank you received: 13
To be honest I can and will wait for this game to come out as long as it takes. No updates for months? Okay, fine let's just wait it out. But why are posts appearing and disappearing without any explanation? I mean even a post which contains a sentence like ' We have deleted this post, because of ...' isn't that hard and can be done within 5 minutes without even releasing any information about the game.

I apologize to the people who think I'm overreacting about this subject.
A different meaning of a word can make a discussion go on and on...
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Davik Heragon.
Time to create page: 0.340 seconds